which program do I use to make MMD models?

Discussion in 'UtaHelp' started by Taylor Savage, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Taylor Savage

Taylor Savage Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I want to make a model for my dubbing character for when I start dubbing and also an model for umashi.
    So I wanted to know what program to use. :annoyed:

3. Rai

Rai Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    If you want to literally make a new character (and good luck to you if you do) there are programs like Blender and other 3D modelling software which you can download for free.

4. Yue Nagareboshi

Yue Nagareboshi Senior Tutor Senior Tutor Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Metasequoia is a good Freeware/Shareware to make 3D modeling if you want to start your project from 0.

Source: http://metaseq.net/english/download.html

Users like Yesi-chan (Author of Camila Melodía) and Yuma (Author of Kemonone Row) have made models with this program. Another option is vía MME (MikuMikuEdit) to edit a existing model with pre-made pieces; yet you have to know that EVERYMODEL have their rules and restrictions; and editing a model, even if it's from your character, does not give you total ownage at all; since the pieces/base are from others.

In that case you also need to contact the author of the model to ask permission of redistributing your edit (yet some rules may say explicitly that are not permited to redistribute).

Taylor; while I have already replied to many of your questions here, I see you are focusing now on aesthetical aspects of your UTAULOID and you have not shown us your problems regarding the oto.ini. I do recommend you to fix those first BEFORE start worring about stuff like an MMD models or so.