why is it just piano

francium

Momo's Minion
hey, im using a last ones weeping cv voicebank for defoko, and cant hear it in the app. when i export it, its just piano. i dont know if shes become a piano, or im doing something wrong.

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
heya! it seems that you have a .midi file, and not a .ust. You'll need to convert the midi to a ust file.
you wanna hit file < import, and select the file you previously tried to open that's just piano. then there should be at least 3 options that pop up. click the one that just says "3x Osc" (if im remembering how to do this properly), and hit "Open".
Then you need to change the tempo to whatever the tempo is for the song you're using (for Lost One's Weeping, I'm pretty sure it's 162).
All the notes should appear as あ. You'll have to manually put in the hiragana lyrics (you can just copy/paste from google and into utau.) and after that you should be good to go

francium

Momo's Minion
i tried that, and it didn't work. i think i didnt word it right. i got a lost one's weeping ust, tried it with defoko, and exported it because i can't hear it in app. it came out as piano, and im sorry if i sounded mad typing this.
Post automatically merged:

heres an unlisted video to show u

Last edited:

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think you need to highlight the area you want to play in UTAU. Or select a note, and push play. The"highlight" turns things pink, as you choose in the piano roll. In the video you showed it seems you tried opening a midi file again (judging by the icon of the file, and the fact that the file is only 1kb which couldn't be anything else but midi). If you want to save your UTAU audio you must do so by using Project -> Render Wav File, which creates an audio file of your utau project :smile:

nneko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
It also seems like you've installed UTAU without first changing your locale to Japanese. Even if everything else worked, you still won't hear any sound because the wav files and oto.ini do not match (all of the text becomes a garbled mess). You would have to uninstall UTAU, change locale to Japanese, and then redownload all of the files so they aren't messed up anymore.

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
yeah, did you watch a tutorial before downloading UTAU? I didn't think of the locale, but there arent even any lyrics in the blue boxes.
But I'd recommend doing what nneko suggested and uninstalling everything, changing the locale to Japan (don't worry, it won't change your computer language to Japanese or anything), and putting it all back.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

francium

Momo's Minion
It also seems like you've installed UTAU without first changing your locale to Japanese. Even if everything else worked, you still won't hear any sound because the wav files and oto.ini do not match (all of the text becomes a garbled mess). You would have to uninstall UTAU, change locale to Japanese, and then redownload all of the files so they aren't messed up anymore.
ive changed my locale before i got it, but still cant hear it