Windows 7 UTAU oto difficulties

KiaishiNoKure

Momo's Minion
I already recorded a VB for my UTAU and tried to oto it.
I did everything right, using over 10 tutorials to do so.

Yet, when I loaded an .ust to test the voice after the otoing, my UTAU went completely mute.
Some sounds sound like the pop sound when you tap a mic or move the mic while recording.
I thought it was a problem with my OTOing, yet even such professional UTAUs like
Neko Act 4 do the same thing on me.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

Fluffy

Teto's Territory
Have you tried changing resampler? I had the same problem when starting with UTAU. All voicebanks just popped every note... Changing resampler worked for me =)

irei1as

Teto's Territory
Checks your youtube... from Germany, yeah.
You can see in this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark#Hindu-Arabic_numeral_system
that your computer uses the comma as decimal mark.

Your issue is the dot/comma problem.
Check this video of the way to fix it (skip to the second 60 if you want).
Fixing one simple UTAU bug

Now the other fix, even if it seems to work, is not really recommended.
That box enables the use of resampler.dll that is actually kind of buggy. Also it overwrites the use of other resamplers so you end not getting the benefits of using tools as freesamp or M4.

CatastrophicMelons

Momo's Minion
If you are going to change from the default resampler, make sure you use one that makes your UTAUloid sound good! Fresamp works well with making voices smoother, but as a result can make muffled voices. However, I find it really good with voices with rough, loud consonants. TIPS works well with soft voices, but can be picky and may make the voice sound terrible. There are many others I haven't used, too! Also, I see you are using resampler.dll. Resampler.dll (the little check box thingy) can have volume quirks on your voices, so be careful!

KiaishiNoKure

Momo's Minion
@Exitialis
Thanks a lot, I already nioticed that on some songs
the resampler does it to me, so I sometimes have to re-open UTAU to make it sound okay again ^^
Anyhow, could you provide me a link to a tutorial how to use the resamplers you named in your post? *is a newbie, so gomen for a stupid question*
:smile:

CatastrophicMelons

Momo's Minion
Here's a list of resamplers you can download http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=550.0
Remember where you checked the box for resampler.dll? Just uncheck the box, and then you press the [...] button next to Tool 2 right above the little check box. Then you need to select your resampler, but it must be already downloaded and unzipped to the UTAU folder.