[WIP] Looking for feedback on a VCCV english cover, and for VCCV english UTAU recommendations

aplusod

Teto's Territory
It's been a long time since I last used this forum so hopefully this is the right place for feedback on WIPs. sorry if it's not;;

I wrote some translyrics of Giga's Ready Steady recently and figured "Well this will be my yearly UTAU cover" but little did I realize that the UST was in like 11 different parts and I'm not very good with UTAU english to begin with.
So because I've been listening to it too much now and don't have a sense of what works and doesn't, I wanted to get some feedback on how to get it to sound at least a little smoother and/or more understandable. The rap parts are....going to be rough no matter what, I think. But if anyone has tips about how to make those smoother, I'm all ears.

Soundcloud Link - It's using StupidOkami's UST. Edit: updated the link - it's all parts now, using Shizu Sogone, Reicheru Nintone, and Jakuon Kumone. I still have no idea how to handle the rapping so I'm all ears if anyone has any suggestions.

One other note, this is my own UTAU that I'd ideally like to use, but it's definitely not the greatest voicebank in the world;;;

I'm also wondering if anyone has any VCCV English UTAU suggestions for Len and Miku's part? Any UTAU that can handle my awkward handling of rap would be a godsend.
I am also really, really bad at telling if voices work together or not, so I'm just hoping to find some that meshes well enough with my own UTAU's voice.

Last edited:

Rei-Chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This sounds really good so far! I can only imagine how problematic that can be, but best of luck on your endeavors!

And, if you'd like, I have my UTAU who is VCCV English I released a few months ago if you'd like to use her! ^^

Again, best of luck!

Reactions: Lycoris

aplusod

Teto's Territory
Hey thanks! Reicheru sounds great! I will probably use her.

Now to just find an UTAU that sounds decent in the C3-C4 ish range... :ehhh:
(As a side rant: has the g flag always sounded that off? Or is it something where moresampler's g flag is different than default resampler? All in all, it's likely my sense of what's acceptable and what sounds off has changed over the years too...)

Reactions: Rei-Chan

Rei-Chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you so much! I am so glad you think so!

And if I am to recommend anyone, I think "Alternate Voice" would be a good fit!

And I cannot be sure, since I primarily use moresampler, and had zero issues, but I feel both moresampler and default operate similarly.

aplusod

Teto's Territory
update:

Here's a wip:

I wound up using Kumone Jakuon for the third part.

Anyway, I think I have to kinda rework the entire rap part. or at least the one long rap part that's the most bad of all the parts. How one might rap (and talk, really) in japanese just has a different cadence(?)/rhythm to it than how it goes in english. :ehhh:
Going to probably shelf this for a a few weeks or so, I've been listening to it too long now and wanna come back with fresh ears.

Reactions: vlbonnie