WIP RP! Anyone Interested?

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Oi, I know I'm a newbie, but I've just been itching to role play UTAU for a long while now. I would join one of the other RPs if it wasn't for the fact that they're so far along. I wouldn't want to jump in and ruin something. ouo;;

So then! I was thinking about starting a new RP! Perhaps a small group? I'm not quite sure yet. It all depends on who replies with a "yay" or "nay."

I have a few ideas to start us off, because quite frankly, I can't decide on a single one. Some are more directed to the short, cracky role plays and others are meant for long, in depth ones. Take your pick or suggest a new idea, just try to keep it a bit vague so it's open for growth and story.

Oh my, trying to type them up now make me feel rather ridiculous. They seemed good on paper at the time. ono;;

Well, here's the best of them:

- Kawaiine kidnaps several UTAUs and tried to convert them to Desloids. (Like I said, a few are more short and cracky)
- The UTAU Awards! An enormous party hosted by Utane Uta and Teto to celebrate the growing UTAU community! Different categories will be held, live performances, and all around, a nice place for the UTAUs to get together and socialize. (I'm a little wary about this one. Although it does seem like your kind of thing based on the other RPs, the whole "contest" feel of it may end up in some flame wars over who sounds better. ono;:wink:
- Either in AU or by some other means, a knights-in-shining-armor based RP. (Some magic may be involved, but I'm not sure at this point)
- Either in AU or by some other means, an old western style RP.
- Abducted by aliens. End of story. (Not sure where I was going with that one.)
- A small group of UTAUs gets a new master, and hey, well if he isn't just their cup of tea! But, the soon discover that someone wants to "delete" the master... It's up to them to save him. (Either in the camp of "UTAUs as androids" or "UTAUs as computer programs." Depends on what you guys choose. This one will probably be a small RP.)

And that's about it. They don't really seem very good now, actually. ono;;

But please, take your pick or suggest something new. I really would like to be a part of a RP with you guys.

Well then, it seems we've kind of settled on the idea of "A small group of UTAUs get a new master, and hey, well if he isn't just their cup of tea! But, the soon discover that someone wants to "delete" the master... It's up to them to save him." So now comes the question...

Who's willing to join?

If we can get around five or six people interested, I'll open applications and, soon enough, start the RP and the OOC thread. ouo

[sub][sub]Oh, and I just thought I might mention: I do enjoy doing sketches of scenes from the RPs I participate in. Just a little extra thing I thought I might as well throw in. >w>;;

Examples of sketches: http://sta.sh/017975kpu5r2 ; http://sta.sh/#/dt0z7ni1fd0 ; http://sta.sh/#/d1j4c8m62nqd[/sub][/sub]

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Re: Possible RP

I've been reluctant to join in the far along ones too... =3= So this is definately a "yay" for me ^u^/ All of these ideas sound potentially fun~

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory

I'm glad to hear you're interested! I think this RP will be a nice fresh start for everyone else who wants to join but doesn't want to jump in to someone else's tub.

UtauYork

Teto's Territory

Well, I guess you can count me in. ovo;; I've sort of been out of the whole RP part of the forum just a bit, but I wouldn't mind trying a new one. All of the RPs that are up sort of seem like they're missing something, but that's most likely just me.

I like most of the ideas that I see there. ovob I wouldn't mind doing an RP of either one; whether long or short. Concerning the second one, I don't think it would be much of a problem if the 'awards' were given as a sort of joke. Like... an award that could only be given out for that UTAU. Does that make sense? xD

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory

I see what you mean there. In fact, that's a rather interesting idea! =u=

But let me ask: are there any ideas you're particularly leaning towards?

UtauYork

Teto's Territory

Well...

MioDioDaVinci link said:
  • The UTAU Awards! An enormous party hosted by Utane Uta and Teto to celebrate the growing UTAU community! Different categories will be held, live performances, and all around, a nice place for the UTAUs to get together and socialize. (I'm a little wary about this one. Although it does seem like your kind of thing based on the other RPs, the whole \"contest\" feel of it may end up in some flame wars over who sounds better. ono;:wink:
  • Either in AU or by some other means, an old western style RP.
  • A small group of UTAUs gets a new master, and hey, well if he isn't just their cup of tea! But, the soon discover that someone wants to \"delete\" the master... It's up to them to save him. (Either in the camp of \"UTAUs as androids\" or \"UTAUs as computer programs.\" Depends on what you guys choose. This one will probably be a small RP.)

Basically because they're ideas I've never really seen up until this point. They all sort of have the ability to become more serious or otherwise, just 'fun'. ovo;; I would've tried to help with this by adding an idea, but the only thing I can think of is horror-based and no one really likes it when their UTAU dies. eve;;;

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory

Aaah yes, the problems with horror RPs. The only good one I've ever seen was one back on the forum I came from. The RP was called Octopus Theory and the reason it succeeded was because everyone acted smartly and maturely, playing in character the best they could. It also helped there were only three players and once character was missing their jaw. >_>;;

Back to brainstorming.

I have to admit, those ideas were the three I was most partial towards. ouo;;

So if we were to narrow it down to those, that means we can choose from:

a.) a loose, fun, free for all RP like the ones you guys currently have.
b.) a more serious, extended, old-timey RP that kind of doesn't make sense.
c.) a small group role play that's sure to bring a few players together.

As for the "new master" idea, which camp do you think you'd prefer: UTAUs as androids, UTAUs as computer programs, or UTAUs as people-people? I'm leaning towards the computer program end of the equation.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko

I love horror RPs, personally, I feel like it easier to reach into the depths of the character when they and their friends are being tormented/slaughtered/maimed. But yeah, I realize many people aren't comfortable with doing this to their characters, but just throwing my two cents in there -u-/

Ah, what if the initally believe their are human but then realize they are androids? Just a random thought derz

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory

NaughtyPichu link said:
I love horror RPs, personally, I feel like it easier to reach into the depths of the character when they and their friends are being tormented/slaughtered/maimed. But yeah, I realize many people aren't comfortable with doing this to their characters, but just throwing my two cents in there -u-/

I personally don't mind putting my characters through situations like that, mainly because they get the blunt of everything to begin with. Rarely if ever do I give my characters a break. >w>;;

Ah, what if the initally believe their are human but then realize they are androids? Just a random thought derz
I actually do enjoy that idea. A nice little tidbit to enhance the experience if we do end up going with the android camp. ouo

For each side, I can see various pros and cons:

---Androids/Gynoids:
Pro: They have full interaction with the environment and can communicate with the master better.
Con: We could end up finishing the RP in a few posts because we find out who the to-be-killer is and stop him. End of story.

---Programs:
Pro: It fits a bit more with what UTAUs actually are.
Con: They don't have full interaction with the environment, making our task that much harder. Not to mention that communication may be a bit awkward.

Hmm... Yeah, now I'm leaning a bit more towards androids.

Edit: Seeing as the activity on this thread has died down, I assume that we're mostly decided on this idea?

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
I guess so. I don't mind that one. ovo Ah, and I'm sort of leaning more towards the 'androids' idea as well. It seems to work a lot better. Obviously.

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
UtauYork link said:
I guess so. I don't mind that one. ovo Ah, and I'm sort of leaning more towards the 'androids' idea as well. It seems to work a lot better. Obviously.

Yes, I'm realizing that in hindsight. :sing: So I assume you'll be joining us for this RP? ouo

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
All righty then, we have four confirmed players, and another two maybes that have contacted me over PMs/Skype. I think when he his six or seven confirmed players we'll start. 8D

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Great! Sounds like we've gotten enough players interested. I'll go ahead and make the OOC topic for the character applications. ouo

<b>Edit:</b> The OOC thread has been created. I'll have this one deleted about a week or two from now. For now, all discussion on this topic has moved to the OOC thread.

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
The OOC thread's open, you know. We're waiting for players to join. This topic was mainly to ensure that it wouldn't be a failure. ouo;;