Wonky Rendered Sounds

Forra Bard

Momo's Minion
I've just gotten a new laptop, so I had to reinstall UTAU and some new voicebanks I've been working on. There seems to be a problem with one I just can't get right, even if I resave the original sound from Audacity (I kept my reclist track in case this happened). Whenever I render "i" or "ni" they come out sounding...well...garbled. I have oto'd this voice bank, so I'm not sure what it is. It also won't recognize "n" unless I type it in as hiragana.
Attached to my post is the 'i' file.

Attachments

• i.wav
    34 KB · Views: 8

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hmm...are you sure your throat isn't just gunky? It happens to me sometimes...

Also, it might be better to use a mono track rather than stereo.
But, I mean, the note doesn't really sound BAD. Does it act up when you use it in UTAU? I mean, can you really hear the garble when it plays?

Forra Bard

Momo's Minion
All the other sounds are fine in UTAU, it's just those three. And I know, I keep forgetting to change my track to mono when I record...

Dojan

Momo's Minion
Please do.
What resampler are you using? Also, have you generated frequency maps for the samples in question? If you replaced the samples, did you make sure to regenerate the frequency maps?
Frequency maps are sample specific, and wonky stuff happens if you use a frequency map for a different sample.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
It sounds like one out of two things.
A) You haven't refit the UST to your voicebank.
:shades: You haven't oto'd the bank properly.

Have you reset all the parameters in the UST and re-set the envelopes crossfades?
Typically you get really weird results if you use a UST without refitting it when it was originally used for a different voicebank. Sometimes it -kind of- works, but most of the time (especially if you use triphones) you'll just get a garbled mess.

Forra Bard

Momo's Minion
Oh shoot, I forgot I had to reset the envelopes with the way I oto'd. Let's try that right now...
Nope. Cleared the cache, reset the parameters in the OTO, reset the envelope and crossfades.... Still the same.

Forra Bard

Momo's Minion
I tried to rerecord the sounds, and even in mono they're still throwing UTAU through a loop. I've done everything I can think of to fix it....I don't know why UTAU can't render them.

Forra Bard

Momo's Minion
Right, so, I've manage to fix most of those sounds...they still sound...awkward compared to the rest of the voicebank, but they're workable. New problem though! I went to add in the diphone 'ue' and it kind of sounds like my UTAU has laryngitis. There's nothing wrong with the sound file itself...