Yarao Kaneka error messages

lierre

Momo's Minion
I just got utau up and running today! Defoko is singing just fine, but I'm trying to get Yarao Kaneka (http://utau.wiki/utau:yarao-kaneka) to work. I am using his 矩歌やらお_連続音Re voicebank.
When I open utau, I get this message:
Info: The preutterance of '* あ ' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* い' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* う' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* え' is longer than the overlap.
Info: The preutterance of '* お' is longer than the overlap.
When I switch my voicebank from Defoko to Yarao, I get this message:
Note: The consonant length of 'G#4\_んヴぃんヴぇんヴぉ.wav' is zero. It may be trouble.
Yarao won't sing. Anybody got advice?
(I'm new to utau and these forums, sorry if I don't catch on at first!)

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
The preutterance messages when you open UTAU are related to how Defoko's voicebank was configured. The files still work, though, so you shouldn't have to worry about it. It's also a bank-specific thing and won't affect Yarao or any other voicebanks.

That voicebank was recorded and configured in a style called VCV, while Defoko's is CV. It means the notes have to be written out differently. There's a plugin that can convert CV USTs to VCV for you, but it won't work with Yarao.
If you have any other UTAUs downloaded, you'd have to load one of them, use the plugin, and then switch back. (If you don't have any others, Teto's Triphone(VCV) bank works with the plugin!)

Here's some pictures, if they help. Sorry about the weird interface colors.
This is CV, the style that Defoko uses:ex1.PNG
And this is VCV, the style that Yarao's 矩歌やらお_連続音Re bank uses (VCV in Japanese is 連続音). It's basically adding the vowel of the previous note to the next one: ex2.PNG

Welcome to the forum and to UTAU, by the way!

Reactions: lierre

lierre

Momo's Minion
The preutterance messages when you open UTAU are related to how Defoko's voicebank was configured. The files still work, though, so you shouldn't have to worry about it. It's also a bank-specific thing and won't affect Yarao or any other voicebanks.

That voicebank was recorded and configured in a style called VCV, while Defoko's is CV. It means the notes have to be written out differently. There's a plugin that can convert CV USTs to VCV for you, but it won't work with Yarao.
If you have any other UTAU downloaded, you'd have to load one of them, use the plugin, and then switch back. (If you don't have any others, Teto's Triphone(VCV) bank works with the plugin!)

Here's some pictures, if they help. Sorry about the weird interface colors.
This is CV, the style that Defoko uses:View attachment 8545
And this is VCV, the style that Yarao's 矩歌やらお_連続音Re bank uses (VCV in Japanese is 連続音). It's basically adding the vowel of the previous note to the next one: View attachment 8546

Welcome to the forum and to UTAU, by the way!
It's working now! Thank you! :D

Reactions: lunari162