You guys think UTAU will ever get updated again?

kam0109

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
A lot of people keep telling me that UTAU is "perfect the way it is" however I just thinks that it's really... not??? I can prepare a list with a solid amount of bugs found in UTAU.
I mean I just wish that it gets updated at least a few last times with new features such as a built in CVVC connector or a better crossfade system or something :sad:

Reactions: cloudyyskie

jokester127

Momo's Minion
I don't think it will update soon, however UTAU-SYNTH has lot's of new features, like the built in lyric diphonizer, if only there was a way to run mac apps on PC

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, UTAU hasn't been updated since 2013, so probably not.
While this is true, Ameya has posted several mentions of updates the last few years, including a preview of the new interface around the same time as releasing the versions of doppeltler and f2resamp that are available. It's not completely out of the question, though I imagine the community pressure probably complicates things nowadays.

For now, I've moved over to OpenUtau because it's just much more user friendly w/ tracks and no need for rest notes. If it comes back, while I'll be rooting for ameya, I'd really want it to at least have that minimum.

I'm honestly rooting for Ameya to update Utau, but outside of bugs? I'm still rather content with it. Maybe I've just been working in it so long that I don't know anything else though. The devil you know, the one you don't, that whole thing.

IO+

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
In my opinion, if utau keep updated regularly like 3-6 time/year the openutau wouldn't exist, because there is no point to make a new one.

Vocal-Singthesis Fan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
While this is true, Ameya has posted several mentions of updates the last few years, including a preview of the new interface around the same time as releasing the versions of doppeltler and f2resamp that are available. It's not completely out of the question, though I imagine the community pressure probably complicates things nowadays.

For now, I've moved over to OpenUtau because it's just much more user friendly w/ tracks and no need for rest notes. If it comes back, while I'll be rooting for ameya, I'd really want it to at least have that minimum.
Yeah OpenUTAU is a good alternative because it has cool UI and you can change the pitch like if it was synthesizer v