Your Future Intentions? + Interview Volunteers

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'd like to hear everyones future intentions regarding employment; outside of the utau fandom. Whether it's music, art, writing or even something amazing like an astronaut! (take me with you astroboy~)

My future goal is to work within the areas of concept art and illustration; I'm particularly interested in character and environment design as well as fashion illustration.

I'm also doing a couple of small interviews on education & professionalism and I'd really appreciate some volunteers; the answers will be referred to within my dissertation to support my research however you can choose to remain anonymous unless you state its okay to use your name. Thank you in Advance~<3

Interview:

Name:

Education:
Degree ( )
College ( )
H.School ( )
Other ( )

Are you:
Self-employed ( )
Employed ( )
Unemployed ( )
Still a student ( )

Experience:
None ( )
Student ( )
Internship ( )
Placement ( )
Entry-Level ( )
Professional ( )
Freelancer ( )

Questions: (feel free to leave some blank if they are not relevant/or personal)

1. Do you feel like your education prepared you for professional employment?

2. What are your worries if you're still a student?

3. What have you done to help your resume/cv stand out?

4. What issues have you faced when looking for employment?

5. What are your accomplishments?

6. Any other issues or thoughts regarding education/employment you wish disclose?

OMGPingu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My future intentions is to actually get up and learn how to do a Multipitch VCV and to not procastinate.

I'll also happily do an interview if you want. c:

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Of course~ <3 Anyone one can give me feedback; it's all appreciated~ If you prefer to answer in Private Message; that's fine. It'll all help~ Thank you for the interest and oh yes procrastination is a sweet devil that we all know~ -curses the sky-

comet3

local rain enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Hmm, I'd definitely love to go into music. I have a passion for playing instruments (particularly piano), and I may or may not be attending an arts-specific school next year (fingers crossed!). I think vocal synthesis would also be a pretty cool field to investigate; UTAU (and other engines of course) may not just be a hobby anymore hahah :smile:

Last edited:

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Man, I can't really imagine myself as a professional haha. I'm hoping to be able to like... make webcomics or animated web series and gather a following and support myself like that! I've always wished my future would be a small one bedroom apartment or studio with the essentials and my computer and just create forever. I actually don't even mind the idea of working retail or part time to have a better income, as long as I come home and am able to do what I want and not worry about anything else, haha... I'm very intimidated by offices and desk jobs and that kind of thing. I have a hard time thinking of myself happy in that kind of environment. Freelance life is difficult I've heard, but it just sounds more appealing. :smile:

I'll do the interview for you! I'm in the US, though, so I'm not sure how useful this information will be.
Name: Adrian V.

Education:
Degree ( )
College (X)
H.School ( )
Other ( )

Are you:
Self-employed ( )
Employed ( )
Unemployed (X)
Still a student (X)

Experience:
None ( )
Student (X)
Internship ( )
Placement ( )
Entry-Level ( )
Professional ( )
Freelancer ( )

Questions: (feel free to leave some blank if they are not relevant/or personal)

1. Do you feel like your education prepared you for professional employment?
So far- No. Switching from a liberal arts university to a community college and back, trying to figure out where I can get a good education at an affordable price range is a deal itself. I have two years of college under my belt and it's all been superfluous general ed courses. If I stayed in my last college, I would have been a senior and I would have JUST been starting to take essential figure drawing classes for my Fine Art BFA. (not BA)

2. What are your worries if you're still a student?
I'm worried that I'll be getting myself into a huge debt and not be able to secure a good income to be able to get rid of the student loans. I also have trouble imagining myself AS a professional because I lack a lot of skills communications and people-wise to function properly or efficiently in a professional setting.

3. What have you done to help your resume/cv stand out?
I took a year off from school to try and dedicate to better my portfolio. Trying to get into a better university that actually caters to an art education! Employment-wise, I haven't really been able to do much.

4. What issues have you faced when looking for employment?
Not enough experience, for entry-level, minimum wage retail positions. Where am I supposed to get the experience, haha...

5. What are your accomplishments?
Not sure what this question is asking... Coming out of high school I had 100+ hours of volunteer work/ community service? I also had a few awards for things that happened a long time ago and are irrelevant if I want to include them in a resume nowadays. :sad: All I have now is a bangin' GPA of 3.99 out of 4.0.

6. Any other issues or thoughts regarding education/employment you wish disclose?
At least in the U.S. , higher education costs a WHOLE lot. The tuitions cost a lot. The books cost a lot. The materials, the fees, the DORMS, the time wasted a lot of the time, specially for people in a situation like mine, who even with a really good scholarship couldn't afford to go to their intended school, so they stick around at a nearby state university not really studying something they're truly interested in. (To not get flack for the stigma against not having a university degree) (And double this for being a second-generation immigrant!)
I hope my answers are relevant!! Best wishes to you on your dissertation. :love:

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know what you mean haha, working at a desk and as part of a team is really intimidating - I'm a socially unaware and tactless individual so communication and expressing my thoughts in a verbal manner is hard. I would love to freelance as well and I love the business side of it all but I'm so afraid that I'd make mistakes and my course is all like "GO Industry - GET Experience". I think I'd love to create concept art, production illustrations for games or films; but I'd also love to set up my own little company to do indie games.

Thanks so much, Adriann~ Your answers are very insightful to me and I wish you the best of luck in the future as a fellow art student! (Fight-oh~!) :D I'm doing a comparative study so your answers should help me a lot with the US education!
:love: (Also I'd love to read a webcomic/animation by you~ I love your style and imagination -secretfan-)!