YouTube Channel Specifically For UTAU?

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Erm, I was wondering what you guys think about having a Youtube specifically for your UTAU. I've seen that a lot of people are doing this, but I think it may be troublesome to me personally for keeping up with youtube contacts and stuff? I don't know... what do you guys think about this? Is is significantly better/more convenient? I hope this question is clear enough... I'm pretty tired at the moment, so I hope this is clear enough else I will elaborate if needed. Any input would be greatly appreciated. x3

[PS] I don't know if such a question has been brought up yet, but if so if it's not to much trouble could someone direct me to the topic? 'Cause if so this thread is probably completely uneccessary... ^^;

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
o; i always thought this would be more of a hassle ; x; because you'd have to log in to an UTAU channel xD

and your other one ; x; it seems more challenging xD;;

I o 3o only have 1 and it seems to work out fine with me o 3o//

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I guess my new YouTube channel now is specifically for UTAU. My old channel had a bunch of anime stuff and amvs so I got a decent amount of subscribers. However, I felt like most of them didn't care about seeing my UTAU videos, so I thought it would be easier to create a new channel. Plus my old channel often got spammed and people sent me crap I don't care about. My new UTAU channel let's me easily contact and stalk watch other UTAU users.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Thankees for your opinions~ > 3<

kirrinx      That's what I was thinking, then it would be hassly :sick: But I'm a bit worried about having a big mixed up mess of videos for subscriber that would only care about some of the stuff... but maybe seperate playlists would suffice?

moonst4r That's kind like my channel now... but more like music covers. I guess many of them probably won't care much about UTAU, or even get annoyed if they're subscribed and don't want updates on it. Thinking this way I might end up creating a different channel(I'll just have to pull up all the UTAU peeps I'm subbed too an re-sub them >w<:wink:

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was in a situation similar to Moonst4r - I posted a lot of Vocaloid song MP3s (which I will not do anymore, bad for the Ps and myself) which got me really popular, but very few of them cared about UTAU. Once I'd figured UTAU out, I decided I wanted to get away from my old channel stuff.

My new channel isn't just UTAU though. It's anything I want to post - I'm just into UTAU now so that's the majority. You don't have to make the channel JUST and only UTAU.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I guess it depends on how productive with UTAU you plan to be, among other things..?

When I made UTAUxyz, I still had my old account was mystsaphyr and all I had on it were a few Nico reprints, some schoolwork, videos from cons I'd gone to, and an AMV or two that got removed xD It was pretty messy. I originally uploaded my first UTAU thing there, but then I decided it'd be fun to make a kind of UTAU label like Crypton was for Vocaloid (I can't remember if I knew much about the SRSloids or UTAU PSS at the time) and I moved to UTAUxyz with the intention of sharing it with people who wanted to work with me.

So if you plan to do a lot of UTAU stuff, or you have an UTAU "label" or" group, and/or you want to share the account, might be best to make a new one. Otherwise i don't see the point I guess. Some people find it more organized since they don't do non-UTAU videos much anymore, others who do a lot of different kinds of videos find it cumbersome to split everything up among channels.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
This was a lot of help in my decision, which is (probably) too make a new channel. I think it's the safest bet here, and it doesn't seem like too much trouble for what it's worth, actually.

Thank you all~ C:

zinfandel

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Its not that hard to have multiple channels on youtube, especially since google added multiple account sign-in. The reason i have multiple channels it I am quite a neat freak at times on certain things xD

Asuka

Teto's Territory
It's probably a lot easier now if you have GMail as it allows you to switch between accounts, but I personally still think it's a bit of a hassle to do that.
I originally posted my UTAU's demo songs on my YouTube channel that has a lot of other covers, and I don't think there's any problem with that. I separate UTAU and my covers, so if people go to my channel for the UTAU stuff, they can.