Zurui's CVVCV Reclist

Resource Zurui's CVVCV Reclist 1.3

Zurui

Accidental Money Waster
Defender of Defoko
Zurui submitted a new resource:

Zurui's CVVCV Reclist - Completely original, I swear!

Note: This download includes 2 lists: A list written in Kanji and a list written in Romaji.

This a mixed list, and includes both VCV (from my custom 7-mora list) and CVVC elements. This list was engineered to maximize realism between the spaces of consonants, but still allow for heavy editing and customization.

Much like my custom VCV bank, every sound that can be made in the Japanese language, even obscure sounds like "ぢょ", can be recorded.

This bank also includes sounds for English...

Read more about this resource...

Zurui

Accidental Money Waster
Defender of Defoko
THANKS FOR UPDATING THE RESOURCE WITH A ROMAJI OTO!
:sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing::sing:
You're very welcome! I was having issues with the website recently, and this latest major update gave me back the ability to edit my resources, lol. I hope that it's sufficient enough .u.

Reactions: rainbowpawa

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks very much for uploading this reclist! However, if I may say--I don't think the word you're using to describe the character system your reclist is written in is correct. I believe that the proper word you should use is Hiragana. Kanji is something different--Chinese characters adapted into Japanese. Again, just a small nitpick, but pretty useful if you want to communicate this to other users.

wobinbug

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Honestly I'm kind of in love with this reclist :O I think I'll be using this from now on :D

LunarConstruct

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hiya! Not sure where else to put this than on this thread so... @Zurui
I'm using this reclist for Merisdae's Japanese banks, and to make it a bit easier for editing USTs, I've made a list/dictionary for the AutoCVVC plugin that is compatible with this reclist! If you want, I could send it to you so you could include it in your download? It would definitely make UST editing a lot easier, since it automatically puts in the VCV aliases for all the samples that need it because they use this reclist. The other dictionaries (Giraffey's is what I had been using) work fine, but they change everything to CVVC rather than your CVVCV.

Zurui

Accidental Money Waster
Defender of Defoko
...I've made a list/dictionary for the AutoCVVC plugin that is compatible with this reclist! If you want, I could send it to you so you could include it in your download?

That would actually be fantastic! I was looking for a way to make my reclist easier to use for other people, and having a plugin would be incredibly useful and time-saving!

Zurui

Accidental Money Waster
Defender of Defoko
How many lines of oto are there?
With the basic recordings done, it's just about 750 or 760 lines. With everything else (including ぢ, づ, ら_r, ラ, サ, ザ, and the breaths), it's 910 lines!

Paradoxelle

Momo's Minion
Thanks a bunch! Trying to estimate how many pitches UTAU is capable of handling for a multilingual mutlipitch bank.

Zurui

Accidental Money Waster
Defender of Defoko
I think that the amount of oto lines UTAU can process is dependent on your computer, so you may need to run some tests on your own. However, I know that CZ says not to have too many folders, because the program will start to delete your oto.ini files @__@

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
I want to use this reclist, but I'm confused by the OREMO list.

What is the difference between "a'a'i'a'u'e'a" and "a-a-i-a-u-e-a"? Is a-a-i-a-u-e-a separated?

Other than that, I love the idea and sound of this reclist.

Zurui

Accidental Money Waster
Defender of Defoko
What is the difference between "a'a'i'a'u'e'a" and "a-a-i-a-u-e-a"?
The strings with the apostrophes are just regular, unbroken strings. I only put the apostrophes there to visually break up the sounds, so that they would be easier to read. The strings with the dashes are recorded with glottal stops between each vowel.
I hope that helped!

Reactions: PrinceofHades

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
The strings with the apostrophes are just regular, unbroken strings. I only put the apostrophes there to visually break up the sounds, so that they would be easier to read. The strings with the dashes are recorded with glottal stops between each vowel.
I hope that helped!

That is exactly what I needed to know, thank you! :smile: