Character name appearing in mojibake despite locale change?

plakythebirb

Momo's Minion
Hello. I am working on a UTAU, but I've noticed an odd problem. Despite having my locale changed, the voicebank name is appearing in a mojibake-like form. No other part of the software is acting like this. If anyone needs to look at the full voicebank or UST file, I'm willing to provide it privately.

Attachments

• angelerror.png
    angelerror.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 5

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
yeah it might be what you use to extract the data (I personally use 7Zip these days with no problems) or you may need to reinstall UTAU if you installed it before changing locale. Ditto for redownloading/reextracting any VBs if they were installed before a locale change

plakythebirb

Momo's Minion
This is a voicebank I'm actively working on, not one that I downloaded. I've also noticed the problem appearing with my other voicebanks despite them being fine earlier.

Reactions: WyndReed

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is a voicebank I'm actively working on, not one that I downloaded. I've also noticed the problem appearing with my other voicebanks despite them being fine earlier.
Seems like you may have accidentally saved your text files with the wrong encoding. Classic UTAU only supports Shift JIS, and not UTF-8. If you're using a text editor like Notepad++ or VS Code you can directly change the text encoding. If you're using plain notepad then save the file using ASCII and the japanese characters will force the file to Shift JIS using your system locale setting.

plakythebirb

Momo's Minion
That very well could be the problem, but I noticed I don't seem to have an explicit ASCII option to save to. Which of these would have the same effect?

Attachments

• savetextoptions.png
    savetextoptions.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 2