mmd model shortcut?

why_is_luna44

Momo's Minion
can someone tell me the easiest way to make a good looking mmd model for my (not made yet) utau im working on? thanks ^0^

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
If you want to take a shortcut with 3D modelling, give VRoid a try. While its item selection is far from wide and suffers from a serious lack of smaller accessories, it is still quite apt to get the task done. Plus, its license permits distribution and conversion of creations IIRC. (You might want to make your own textures and hair for your model, though. Third-party stuff from booth.pm and other places may have more restrictive usage rules) So if you are not picky about some details on your model being flat texture, VRoid is a fine choice.
Chances are you will need an external modelling tool for creating accessories or details. I compiled a 3D modelling resource sometime ago but it's in a dire need of updates, though. I recommend using blender_mmd_tools instead of PMX Editor if you are fine with staying with the functionalities PMX 2.0 provides as unlike UTAU, there is no option to add localizations to PMXE. If you insist on using PMXE however, make yourself a cheat sheet using screenshots and Google Translate.

Reactions: WyndReed

why_is_luna44

Momo's Minion
If you want to take a shortcut with 3D modelling, give VRoid a try. While its item selection is far from wide and suffers from a serious lack of smaller accessories, it is still quite apt to get the task done. Plus, its license permits distribution and conversion of creations IIRC. (You might want to make your own textures and hair for your model, though. Third-party stuff from booth.pm and other places may have more restrictive usage rules) So if you are not picky about some details on your model being flat texture, VRoid is a fine choice.
Chances are you will need an external modelling tool for creating accessories or details. I compiled a 3D modelling resource sometime ago but it's in a dire need of updates, though. I recommend using blender_mmd_tools instead of PMX Editor if you are fine with staying with the functionalities PMX 2.0 provides as unlike UTAU, there is no option to add localizations to PMXE. If you insist on using PMXE however, make yourself a cheat sheet using screenshots and Google Translate.
mhm i have tried vroid, i do enjoy it but my character has split coloured hair and its kinda important ><

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
It is completely possible to create hair with multiple colors in VRoid.