Why doesn't my UTAU sound good?

YandereCheeseCake

Momo's Minion
Welp, I've made a new Utau recently, but i've had tons of problems with her.
One of my friends recently recorded her and i've oto'ed her voicebank and all, but she sounds... bad...

Her name is Koisu Onmitsu, she was recorded in OREMO with a decent quality mic and oto'ed nicely and she's a CV voicebank. However, she doesn't sound as i expected she would sound, she sounds... scratchy.
My point is, i recorded another Utau before with the same characteristics as Koisu Onmitsu, he used the same microphone as her, the same oto technique, the same editing and he sounds a thousand times better than her.
I don't know what else to do.
I consider her recordings to be decent and there's no noise in the background, they're a decent volume and it's a nice pronunciation. Her oto was copied from my other Utau (and by copied, i don't mean copy&pasted, i mean that the otoing technique is the same and i adjusted the oto to her voicebank). And she sounds, bad.
I don't know if the recordings are bad, or it's the oto i've done wrong. Maybe the resampler (i've literally used all existing resamplers and she still sounds bad), maybe the flags (the flags i use are: Y0H0B0BRE0F0P99C99E0M0L0g-10), or is it because it's a CV voicebank (which is strange because i consider my other Utau to be decent for a CV voicebank), or is it simply my UTAU program or my computer.

Here's a preview of her voicebank (Miku's vocals are made by my other Utau and Rin's vocals are made by Koisu Onmitsu):

I think she sounds bad comparing my other Utau.
I would love opinions, and maybe help and assistance on how to possibly make her sound better.
I'll gladly share her voicebank if the oto is bad, or the recordings are bad, or if i happy to record her again completely.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It sounds like she might have FRQ errors?
I agree, this seems like the likely issue. Here's a guide that may help you fix it.
http://utaforum.net/resources/frq-file-editing-guide.8/

You may also want to look into nmasao's frq editor, as it has a spectrogram view which can be used to estimate pitch values if you're drawing them by hand. It will also allow you to edit desc.mrq files for Moresampler.

Reactions: Nohkara and Zoku