Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Text removed...because it made shiver

Last edited:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Theoretically no one will since you own everything automatically via copyright and can probably find a way to sue them if they make money off of it.

Really though, Voice Bank theft is really rare, and people will get blacklisted from pretty much all community sites if they do it. I've never heard of anyone stealing an UTAUloid's group or "brand" name. Closest are people who call their UTAUloids vippers or have xyz in their group name but apart from that...

I just really wouldn't worry about it unless you're actually going to sell your UTAUloids commercially, in which case you just need to carefully write out the terms of use and maybe get someone who's well versed legally to have a look over it and breakdown for copyright law for you.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Should I still CC the design sense character theft is more common than bank theft?

And would it even be compatible with UTAU's terms if I do use some form of CC or C on it?

CC=creative commons
C=copyright

and um would it be a good idea to register the C so I have immediate proof of ownership?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Unless you're selling it I honestly wouldn't bother.
It's not common nor large scale enough to justify it. It's usually just 12 year olds thinking something's cool and taking it because they don't understand that it's wrong, and no-one will look at theirs twice especially since you'll be the one with the website that was made months before they ever uploaded a picture.

If you just put a text disclaimer on the page that has your design details saying "blah belongs to me" you should be fine.

Again, I doubt anyone will bother, even if your UTAUloid's design and theme and voice are really great, just because it's really uncommon in general.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
okay then. Thank you for the assistance.