Are Midis supposed to do this?

UTAsuki

Teto's Territory
Um....JPG
Is this normal? I'm just trying to create a ust for Shove Off!! but when I play a note it says "Failed to generate a wav file. Please check the settings."

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Typical error when the midi is exported from FL studio using the Midi Out Channel method. In UTAU, you'll need to click the yellow box to set the correct tempo. You should also go to Bar/Measure 0 and right click on the 50000 (or whatever it says) and delete that.

To prevent this error happening again, you can export midi in FL studio directly from the piano roll by clicking the [V] arrow in the top left, then going File and Export Midi. Alternatively, don't use FL studio if you find tempo or time signature important, because it handles those things poorly compared to other DAWs.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Scroll back to the beginning of the entire UST. See the part above the notes, where it numbers the sections/pink dividers? Just under the 0 you'll be able to right click and remove that 500000.00

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The tempo in the yellow box changes based on the tempo set to individual notes. If you delete all the tempo markers on individual notes then every note in the project will have the tempo originally set in the yellow box.

UTAsuki

Teto's Territory
There's no individual note tempos. It just has the same one on the whole thing.

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The one with the 50000 should be on the very first note of the UST all the way to the left, which is usually a rest.

UTAsuki

Teto's Territory
Idk the tempo and it isn't my song. The video has the download for the midi in the description.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I went and yelled at the producer on Twitter. The midi was exported directly from the project file using chipspeech, so even if you were to fix the tempo error, there's still the note lengths to fix. I'll get back to you after working on it a bit.