Best appends to put in evec-like voice bank?

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
I'm going to make an evec like voice bank soon (when school ends) but I can't think of any appends I want in it. They are going to have at least 3-4 (including base voice, possibly more) and is gonna be cv-vv

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
First thing's first: don't do an "evec-style" bank. Evec only incorporates vowels and copies from UTAU's ability to use multiple banks in a single ust via suffix. You're better off making full banks of your appends.

As for the appends, since you're female, the easy candidates to recommend would be...
Soft - more relaxed variation of the core voice (but not necessarily a whisper, just more breathy). good to add if the core bank is on the bolder/vivid side
Sweet - requires pitching your voice up to get a stereotypical "kawaii-desu" tone if the core voice isn't already cute sounding. good to add for mature voices.
Mature - this is the opposite end of cute where you'll want a more full and round sound that's robust. good to add for a voice that's already young sounding/thinner or lighter in weight
Sharp - this is a more nasal voice that would have more impact for say... rock or something if the core voice doesn't handle louder instrumentals well.
Power - the same impact as sharp, but without the nasality that's brought with it (closer in tone to the core voice, more pronounced consonants).

some examples...
Soft:
Mature:
Sharp:
Sweet:

Last edited:
Reactions: MAJAstral

N.Zo

Nico Nico Need's A Nap
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, EVEC is a copy of UTAUs ability to use multiple banks, well using different suffixes, in one ust.
Think of it as Teto. You can use her sakebi and whisper banks if you edit the suffix in the ust.
However, saying that won't be useful to this thread. I highly recommend using
Soft: like your core, but with a quieter, darker tone
Sweet: make your voice lighter, and more kawaii-desu-ka uvu
Vivid: a pop like vocal
Power: like vivid but less nasal

Optional

Dark: a lifeless lack-luster voice. A cross between speaking and whispering

Husky: a deep mature voice

Cute: like sweet but louder

Whisper: says enough

Growl: as it says. Like you're angry

Vocal fry: a sexy, breathy vocal.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A place to start is with a softer and stronger VB type. You can then take inspiration from existing UTAU setups or from vocaloids. (for example, Miku has sweet soft dark light vivid solid, which is 3 softs and 3 strongs)
Also, if you're planning to do CV, it's better worth your time to actually record multiple whole sets and use suffixes, instead of just doing the vowels. If you only do vowels (a la EVEC) it's choppy, difficult to edit, and sounds like this.

Reactions: MAJAstral

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
A place to start is with a softer and stronger VB type. You can then take inspiration from existing UTAU setups or from vocaloids. (for example, Miku has sweet soft dark light vivid solid, which is 3 softs and 3 strongs)
Also, if you're planning to do CV, it's better worth your time to actually record multiple whole sets and use suffixes, instead of just doing the vowels. If you only do vowels (a la EVEC) it's choppy, difficult to edit, and sounds like this.

I was gonna full vbs with suffixs, in cv-vv style (for smoother vowel transitions)