Breaths + Moresampler = problems :(

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys^^
I'm working at a vcv update to Danny Hakaine STORM. Everything was fine, but I noticed that ending vowels breaths sounded unnatural when pitched up (and this bank needs to be used in high pitches to sound really powerful lol), so I recorded them for every pitch.
The problem is that they sounds distorted when used in Utau with Moresampler, my usual resampler.
I tested them with different resampler and Forsampler works, but in this way the other notes sound growly and forced.
Here's a sample of what I hear:
https://clyp.it/uxutpa3r
Help me please, because I want this bank to be almost perfect and I spent so much time recording it (7 pitches, two of them litterally screaming x.x).
Thank you so much :smile:

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I think it is a moresampler problem. It mihgt not be compatible with breath sounds well. Try using the plgin that allows you to use more than a resampler owo

Oh, you could alo try applyiing "F" flags to the specific breath note, but I think "F" flag only works on resampler :/

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think it is a moresampler problem. It mihgt not be compatible with breath sounds well. Try using the plgin that allows you to use more than a resampler owo

Oh, you could alo try applyiing "F" flags to the specific breath note, but I think "F" flag only works on resampler :/
The problem is only in the high pitches... the lower ones sound nice :/

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
The problem is only in the high pitches... the lower ones sound nice :/
Oh, sorry!!! uh...lemme see...
[doublepost=1475365932][/doublepost]Try doing something like this. Not much of a fix, but a way to skip this problem without removing the breath sample!upload_2016-10-1_20-52-8.png

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
1. Check if fixing the frq for those files help with frqeditor (and when saving, have them save to mrq). Considering that you say that they sound fine on lower pitches, it could just be that these particular higher frq got messed up.

2. If that doesn't help, then you may want to set your resamplers up with the resampler patch, change the config file for it to add moresampler (this is located in the hidden (C:\\ folder ProgramData\UTAU Plugin\resampler wrapper), and switch between moresampler and a sampler that works well for your breath files. While this doesn't fix moresampler, it will prevent the need to render something twice just for a handful of notes.

3. If they don't work, even with attempts to fix the frequencies, then give a detailed bug report to Kanru on moresampler's bug report page (assuming you're using the latest version of moresampler released).

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Thank you both for your answers but probably I'll report this bug to Kanru

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Thank you both for your answers but probably I'll report this bug to Kanru
Only make a report if attempts to fix the frq yourself doesn't change the results. He gets many reports of the same issue regarding a bad output only for it to be something easily fixable by the end user (I have actually downloaded a bank reported to have a bad output on a phoneme, only to have it fixed within a couple of seconds by using frqeditor). Moresampler - like any other resampler - throws out a bad frq once in a while and the solution to that isn't beyond the average UTAU user's grasp.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
this is an easy fix.
First download Frq Editor at https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rra0zg66lb419/frqeditor

then all you need to do is go to your samples in the editor and hold RIGHT-CLICK to erase any pitch curves over the breathy area.
Be sure to select Moresampler in the options so you're editing the MRQ files.

That will fix the twangy sound.

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I tried fixing the frqs but it doesn't get better... it sounds worse (like a death metal growl lol)
[doublepost=1475390293][/doublepost]I discovered I was fixing the samples in a wrong way lol
Btw thank you all^^