Can I Add Breaths?

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Hey there, just thought I'd ask a quick question: If a UTAU (not mine) doesn't have breaths, could I add my own? And if I can, could I also add missing syllables for English? Or would that count as altering the voicebank and be frowned upon? I'm not trying to tick anyone off, I'd just like to know if I am allowed and if it is possible to do this. I wouldn't be redistributing the voicebanks, if that helps. Sorry if my question sounds foolish or rude. Thanks
(Also, if I can't do these things, but can mimic the UTAU in question, is it okay for me to use my own voice to say/sing the parts they can't and use them for the rest? Jeez, I'm sure I sound stupid, but I'd like to know.)
Sorry I ask so many questions, please don't kill me T.T

Reactions: CRTブラック

GothAmaterasu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I would believe it would be okay for personal use, but releasing an altered voicebank would be very much frowned upon. You should ask the creator of the voicebank for permission ;3

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can mix in breaths without going through utau if you need/want.
As for adding sounds, I would suggest against it because they wouldn't match the original voice. You can do it though.

Modifying isn't really frowned upon as long as you don't redistribute the bank.

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
I would believe it would be okay for personal use, but releasing an altered voicebank would be very much frowned upon. You should ask the creator of the voicebank for permission ;3
Well, not the bank itself but a work of mine. Still, same jiff I suppose. I'll check, thanks. ^.^
[doublepost=1459684621][/doublepost]
You can mix in breaths without going through utau if you need/want.
As for adding sounds, I would suggest against it because they wouldn't match the original voice. You can do it though.

Modifying isn't really frowned upon as long as you don't redistribute the bank.
So modifying is acceptable? I would ,of course, be making it clear that I used some of my own vocals in my own work, but so long as I'm not redistributing the bank like you said, it shouldn't be a huge problem? I'm pretty good at mimicking people, that's why I ask. Would I go about it the same way people do when they're making their voicebank, by recording said syllable then adding it to the folder?