Can someone critique the design on these please? ^_^'

Cronic

Teto's Territory
Hey, um, I was wondering if you critique the design on Alex and Alexandra (His Gender-bend) for me? I find Alexandra's design boring but I have no idea on what to change :bigtears: I havent got a coloured version of Alexandra, just imagine her colour scheme the same as Alex's :uhm: Can someone help me please? I'd be grateful if you did :creepygrin:
Alex:
Alex_Tevaan.png

Alexandra:
CCI03042013_00000.png

Thaaank you :sing:

Zombordan

Momo's Minion
Personally speaking, I like Alex's design. I'm not sure how many long haired male UTAU exist but I always like seeing them. His color scheme is good, though the green of his tie and the side of his pants seems really bright and clashing, and making it a little less bright would probably help it fit in with the rest of him better.

I have more issue with Alexandra. I don't get why she has those keyboardish lines on her sleeves when Alex doesn't have them. And I'm not sure why she has the belt-coil around her leg. Maybe change those unless they have a reason to be on her and not Alex? I think her skirt also sticks out because it's sticking out (bad joke), something more flat like a pencil skirt would work better for her design. I think her bangs should be changed as well, her current ones look more like Miku's than Alex's (you should keep the ponytail though since that does add a good distinction between the two while still making sense).

In short form:

Alex
  • Long hair is good and something you don't see that often on clearly male UTAU enough for it to make him stand out more.
  • Lower the brightness of the green on his tie and the side of his pants (or remove the arrows on the side to change the appearance from Kaito's).
Alexandra
  • Should have changes made with her sleeves and bangs to match Alex's design more (since official genderbends should still look a little like who they're taken from).
  • Flatter skirt so it meshes better with the rest of her design.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
They work well enough, but to be honest they're really stock standard. Probably particularly unhelpful that they're MMD designs, so you have to use what you have-- leading to boring and/or cryptonesque outfits.

I'm personally particularly unfond of the outfits, though I like Alex's base design well enough (...which, when I look at it, is really just the fact that he has long green hair that gets a bit messy at the bottom due to the undetailed faces of this modeller). It's cute. I just think that the outfit could stand to be... more elaborate or original. In any way that conveys his general personality.
Also, the color scheme is nice.

Alexandra's design is really... It really looks too much like miku. You even drew her design in what is essentially Miku's pose.

Um. Yeah, the issue I'm seeing repeated most here is the taking of the KEI Crypton design quirks. This is pretty unoriginal and after five or so years of miku being released... it's really getting old seeing this. It would be pretty hard to make a KEICrypton designed UTAU appeal to a lot of people these days (unfortunately, including me. It's a really quick turn off).

Sorry if I'm being super short or rude it's pretty late where I live and its been a bit of a long day, and I swear to you I don't mean it in a bad way. I just want your design to be unique and appealing.

Cronic

Teto's Territory
Ah, I see where you're coming from, the first drawing of Alexandra was drawn off a base, it wasn't a Miku base as far as I'm aware but now that I look at it it does look like Miku. I'm not a very good drawer so I tend to stick to mmd for most of my things, for Alex's ACT 3 and Alexandra's ACT 3/1(If I find a voicer for her its starting from ACT 1) I'm probably going to have a big redesign for them :3 Anyway, thanks so much for your help! :smile: I appreciate it! :D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Cronic

Teto's Territory
I've been thinking about a new design for them, I'm stuck, I have no idea on what they should look like D: Does anyone have any ideas? :3

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Cronic

Teto's Territory
Well I finished Alexandra's design :D Alex isnt finished yet, but I decided to show him anyway, he still needs some more colour tweaks and stuff and I might change the hair but I'm not sure.
vpkj1e.jpg

Tell me what you think :D