Choosing a mic (under seriously absurd conditions that might sacrifice decency)

dyne 智優

Shoutbox Lurker™
Defender of Defoko
Yes, too many threads regarding this.
Recently, my country's currency has gone through a series of DRASTIC inflations (1 dollar is about 4 ringgit now?). My mom uses her phone mic for singing (Smule's "Sing!" is the craze for the 20~50 y/o demographics here) and I want to record my (first decent and soon-to-be publicised) voicebank. What limits my choice is that my mom only allows buying one mic and not two.
This means that I'm aiming for a decent quality mic (one that could at least remove mirror reflections of voices, noise reduction and ambience can be dealt with Audacity, I guess?) at a significantly cheap price. It should also work with both Android and my Windows (7, 8) laptop (all I found are Bluetooth headsets, do they do the job?). It doesn't have to be really cheap though, as long as the price is reasonable.
Or, am I better off with my phone's microphone? (FYI our phones are Samsung Galaxy Note 2)
Again, please take into consideration the USD to MYR exchange rate since I might want to buy the mic online.

Reactions: HoneyPai

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I am not too much smart when it comes to money conversions.

Brazil has good microphones at a good price...We are in crisis too...

Reactions: dyne 智優

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Depending on where you look, you can find a cheap Blue Snowball somewhere, both the blue snowball and snowball ice are pretty good, but you'd want to go with the regular, it has different settings for different vocal situations, i suggest you ask Kitcat190/al!ce.16's creator for details on the regular snowball.

But! Consider that whatever mic recomendatiom you get, think about how it might pick up your voice, not all mics pick up the same

I'm not a mic expert but it's just something you might want to think over

For the bucks but i hope this helps

Reactions: dyne 智優