Consonants too hard?

tsumi

Momo's Minion
In this UST, all of the K consonants are super hard and jarring. There isnt any consonant velocity and ive deleted all previous flags. This voicebank doesn't have such hard K's normally, i tried adjusting the oto but that didnt help either. Is there any way to fix this?

Reactions: Mochlin

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
We'd need to hear both the raw samples and UTAU's output to determine what the issue is. Are you sure you didn't record your k sounds with aspiration (like an English k)? It could also be that you're recording especially close to your input source (mic - built-in, usb, XRL, headset, etc. etc.). Make sure you delete your cache as well before rendering.

ChiaAkiyama

Teto's Territory
Consider fading the note envelopes in manually. If that's too much work, there's going to be an ever longer road ahead.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Maybe the envelopes have been edited to make the consonants louder? Try resetting them and see what happens (the furthest button to the right on that top toolbar should say "reset," click that).

P

partial

edit: omg i'm sorry, i'm half dead and my brain didn't process that you'd already checked the flags, disregard this

Could it be a case of flags? Make sure to check the properties of the UST and double check the flags for individual notes. I have shareware UTAU but I think it's also possible in non-shareware by hitting the Z key.