Could Somebody Help Fix My UTAU (plural) Samples?

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
So, I'm not usually one to go around asking others to fix my UTAU for me, that should be my job. But this is really important, and I don't know how i can fix this. I'm working on a new UTAU, and the way he sings is kinda hit and miss, because sometimes he sounds great like:

https://soundcloud.c...au-good/s-iiwxh

But other times he sound like he's burping and growling like:

https://soundcloud.c...tau-bad/s-ShuHi

So, i was wondering if anybody that is good at audio editing could take a look at his samples and maybe fix them up? Because i really like the way he sounds when he sounds good, so I don't want to throw that all away! I don't think it would be too difficult, maybe some noise removal or a bit of editing. Thank you to anybody who wants to help! :smile:

You can download him here: http://www.mediafire...wj/New+UTAU.rar

(btw I'm using fresamp with the F1 flag!)

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Well, the issue you're having with the growling is an error in the .frq files. Other than that, you're OTOing could use a LOT of work, and why did you apply those filters to the samples?
[DOUBLEPOST=1436221944][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: Looking at the .aup file [which I just noticed], I see you overlayed the two sound files together, which is just producing a strange result rather than what I'm assuming is a desired stylized distortion. Your recording quality is okay, but your pronunciation is also really weird.

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Well, the issue you're having with the growling is an error in the .frq files. Other than that, you're OTOing could use a LOT of work, and why did you apply those filters to the samples?
[DOUBLEPOST=1436221944][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: Looking at the .aup file [which I just noticed], I see you overlayed the two sound files together, which is just producing a strange result rather than what I'm assuming is a desired stylized distortion. Your recording quality is okay, but your pronunciation is also really weird.

I overlayed the 2 sounds because I wanted it to sound robotic, and I thought it might work. I actually kind of like the effect it has when it's not growling like in the first clip. (I was kinda going for a Tatari kinda thing, but wasn't sure how to get the right effect) I also added the effect because every time i try to make a new UTAU, it always sounds the same as the UTAU I already have, and this one definitely sounds different. do you know how i could keep the effects and but remove the growls and stuff like that? And i know, my otoing sucks, but I'm trying to get better by looking up some tutorials and stuff like that. And I thought I pronounced stuff alright, but I guess I'll have to do a bit more studying up!

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I overlayed the 2 sounds because I wanted it to sound robotic, and I thought it might work. I actually kind of like the effect it has when it's not growling like in the first clip. (I was kinda going for a Tatari kinda thing, but wasn't sure how to get the right effect) I also added the effect because every time i try to make a new UTAU, it always sounds the same as the UTAU I already have, and this one definitely sounds different. do you know how i could keep the effects and but remove the growls and stuff like that? And i know, my otoing sucks, but I'm trying to get better by looking up some tutorials and stuff like that. And I thought I pronounced stuff alright, but I guess I'll have to do a bit more studying up!
I've skimmed through your .frq files and, while I can't detect any outright errors, I think the overlapping frequencies of the two samples you overlayed is causing it to process strangely [you can read more about how that works here]. I think it's an interesting idea, though. Maybe try a difference resampler?

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
I've skimmed through your .frq files and, while I can't detect any outright errors, I think the overlapping frequencies of the two samples you overlayed is causing it to process strangely [you can read more about how that works here]. I think it's an interesting idea, though. Maybe try a difference resampler?

That wave stuff was a bit confusing, but i think i kind of understand it a bit. I've tried all of my resamplers, and the ones that works the best would probably be fresamp, with most notes being good but those bunch that have that growl to them. second would be EFB-GT, which makes it softer, and the notes still sound good, but not as good, and more of them are growly. Then the two worst would be the default resampler, which makes every note scratchy and terrible. and then there's tips, which makes it sound like a demon! wait... lightbulb! I just had a really good idea while typing this, i'm going to go test it!

Several minutes later:

aha! Just as i thought! I think i know what is causing the weird sound! It's the hard consonants! specifically "K, T, and P" that are giving me trouble! I used a plugin to generate a sound check UST (the UST has every sound in order so you can check them) and played them all to see which sounds were the bad ones, and these were the only ones that made funny noises! And I'm sure of this, because when I booted up a UST, used a plugin to replace those sounds with a softer sound, and played it, it didn't make a single growl or scratchy noise, it sounded awesome! So, is this something to do with the frequency files, or the way i pronounced or recorded the sounds, or something else? I'm not sure what to do next, do you have any ideas? :/

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
That wave stuff was a bit confusing, but i think i kind of understand it a bit. I've tried all of my resamplers, and the ones that works the best would probably be fresamp, with most notes being good but those bunch that have that growl to them. second would be EFB-GT, which makes it softer, and the notes still sound good, but not as good, and more of them are growly. Then the two worst would be the default resampler, which makes every note scratchy and terrible. and then there's tips, which makes it sound like a demon! wait... lightbulb! I just had a really good idea while typing this, i'm going to go test it!

Several minutes later:

aha! Just as i thought! I think i know what is causing the weird sound! It's the hard consonants! specifically "K, T, and P" that are giving me trouble! I used a plugin to generate a sound check UST (the UST has every sound in order so you can check them) and played them all to see which sounds were the bad ones, and these were the only ones that made funny noises! And I'm sure of this, because when I booted up a UST, used a plugin to replace those sounds with a softer sound, and played it, it didn't make a single growl or scratchy noise, it sounded awesome! So, is this something to do with the frequency files, or the way i pronounced or recorded the sounds, or something else? I'm not sure what to do next, do you have any ideas? :/
I'm glad you solved your issue! I honestly don't know enough to tell you for certain if it was the frequencies; that was just my inference.

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
I'm glad you solved your issue! I honestly don't know enough to tell you for certain if it was the frequencies; that was just my inference.

Thanks! I'm going to try rerecording those samples and see where that gets me! Thank you for your help! :smile: