Different Ways to Draw Your UTAU?

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So, I'm sure most of us have had our UTAUs drawn by other people besides ourselves right? And no one really draws the same way. So, when people draw your UTAU(s) is there anything they do different like skimp out on certain details or something when they do? And does it bother you when they draw something different or 'incorrectly'?

Personally, for me, I love to see how people draw Iris's flower/headband -nod- I designed it to be simple so that those who can't draw that well may have an easier time drawing her. And the results of other people drawing Iris's flower are just super interesting to me and it's cool to compare and see how each individual artist handled it.

It really doesn't bother me if people 'mess up' her design because I don't see it as such. I just view it as them putting their own spin on it if that makes sense? I just think it's interesting. Soo...what about everyone else? Examples are cool too if you can get your hands on them.

EDIT: Actually someone just reminded me...one thing that would bother me is if someone drew Iris's hair too short =u=;; Saaay...down to her knees instead of her ankles. Yeah I know I'm terrible...but I wouldn't say anything about it either cause it's nice to know people want to draw her in the first place? So yeah~

Ciel Phantomhive

Teto's Territory
I have a very hard time drawing long hair, so I doubt I'd be able to get Iris's hair longer than her lower back. //now feels self conscious about ever drawing a full body picture of Iris

No one... really draws my UTAUloids so I don't know. ;;;;;
Sometimes people draw Yume with blue eyes, or in this weird outfit (brown t-shirt and long white skirt, I have no idea where it came from) and both of those things bother me a lot. But it's so rare for people to draw her. o A o;;;

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I like to see an artist's creativity, for them to draw my character in however they see fit is a great honour to me. I'm open minded about things so I don't really mind to much if someone doesn't follow my design perfectly, I even draw my own characters in different ways (like giving 'em a beard) to explore and shape them. My characters are never quite "finished", I like to continue to develop them as I, myself, grow.

Yeah. (•‿•)

Koolit

Momo's Minion
Supporter
Well, I suppose I make Ame's design pretty versatile. I'm always changing the way I draw the details on her dress, so I don't nitpick on the way others draw them. Plus, I always give them the option to draw any part that's rainbow as a solid color (because the coloring gets tedious when you color all the rainbows on her xD;; ) I always like seeing what color they pick when they choose that option =v=

And I'm sort of like how you are with Iris. I find it interesting to see how they draw her headband/bow; sometimes the bow is attached to a headband, and other times its just stuck to her head xD (I prefer the latter, but it really isn't physically possible for it to just defy gravity the way it does ;; )

On a last note, when people color the rainbow accents, sometimes they get really saturated ;; I don't mind it too much, but the point is that they're suppose to be more pastel xP ...okay...neon rainbows sort of push it ... ;; but I've only seen one of those so far /shot

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My art is very inconsistent right now, so I draw UTAUs and stuff all weird. I'm still experimenting with different drawing styles and coloring techniques. Plus I design my UTAUs in a simple fashion, so their designs are not that complex.

I joke about how Mimi has magical color changing hair and eyes, because they look different depending on the artist. Her hair can range from dark blue to light purple and her eyes can be purple to light pink. If you're wondering what their true colors are, her hair is actually a dark blue with a slight shade of purple and her eyes are just purple.
Too soon for Souta right now, since he isn't drawn that much, but I have a feeling that the length of his hair will keep changing and he will have magical color changing eyes as well.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ciel Phantomhive link said:
I have a very hard time drawing long hair, so I doubt I'd be able to get Iris's hair longer than her lower back. //now feels self conscious about ever drawing a full body picture of Iris

No one... really draws my UTAUloids so I don't know. ;;;;;
Sometimes people draw Yume with blue eyes, or in this weird outfit (brown t-shirt and long white skirt, I have no idea where it came from) and both of those things bother me a lot. But it's so rare for people to draw her. o A o;;;

Aww lol it's okay XD When I say it'd bother me it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate it or hate it. I love all art I get :'D  And look at Miku...people change her hair length and color left and right XD So it's not something that I'd be all like, "HOW DARE YOU CUT HER HAIR PEON!" but more of an "Oh hey look her hair is shorter -shrug- " if that makes any sense lol

scarfu

Teto's Territory
I'm honestly not really bothered by inaccuracies or changes, especially because most of my UTAU have weird traits/difficult things to transfer into other styles...

People have always drawn Hayari's hair in a lot of different ways (and in fairness so have I LMAO like we actually only figured out how it actually works like 6 months after she came out) and to me that's not an issue cuz she has weird hair that might be difficult to do in all styles...

I really don't mind unless like DEFINING features of theirs are changed (like changing Hayari's skin tone or drawing TATARI with normal eyes, just like things that make them them). I think it's best to be grateful that someone liked your UTAU enough to draw them at all! *U*b

Rai

Teto's Territory
Rai doesn't get drawn that often by others so I can't really comment on that other than his hair is usually drawn somewhat more tame than how I usually draw it. (Also he has a very specific hairstyle separated into sections but I think that would be getting too technical.)

Umm... when drawing other's UTAUs I try very hard to get everything as it is - from the height in comparison to other UTAUs to the colours (if they have existing artwork I try to use the colours from that) because I like keeping things as close to what their owners drew them. Therefore whenever there's something without references or data I get really...hesitant I guess because I'm very worried about missing something.

Dark3li

Teto's Territory
I really love to see how other people draw my utau <3<3 but this doesn't happens very often =,D
I think her desing is simple, but her belt is a problem xDD (for me)
her hair is suppose to be shoulder length, sometimes other people draw her with a longer hair but it really doesn't bother me too much

I like to draw other people's utau ^^ I try to draw them as they are, but I get afraid to know if the owner of the utau likes my drawing or not

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I love seeing other people draw Amagaku, and usually they do very well with drawing her. The only pet peeve I have is her hair. I don't see why it's so hard to understand that it is black on top and red on the bottom. :sick: Many people color her black part in as a light brown, and I have -no- idea why.

aplusod

Teto's Territory
(I think everyone likes seeing their UTAU drawn by others, no exception. xD )
I personally don't really care if people don't draw Shizu or Aroku correctly...it's really quite rare for either to be drawn at all...(and I really don't know what "correctly" is, I can't keep anything really consistent well...) I think the only thing I'd get irritated at is if Aroku's twin tails aren't quite blossom-shaped...haha;; Or, I suppose if someone drew/used one of their really old designs when I've had a new one for quite a while...

I really love drawing other people's UTAU, and I try to stay as close as I can to their original designs, though I'm not always great at it..;; The only things I can't do for crap are height comparison and manly males, so generally, I try to avoid having to draw them...orz;;

Nikiten

Momo's Minion
@Rave, I think the coloring black hair brown is a color thing. I've never drawn your utau before, but I have an OC with similar hair-coloring, so have a theory. Well, nothing is completely black in real life so I would tend to choose colors dark but not exactly black. So a dark brown color is chosen, since your color scheme is red. Sometimes the blending thing makes the dark brown even lighter, so yeah.

I hope that made sense.

Back on topic though, I really suck at keeping things consistent (especially with hair) and sometimes there are things on the reference pic that I can't really understand, like physics-defying cube-shaped hair or something.... so yeah, I tend to approximate whatever I can... = A =;;

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
Dia was drawn only two persons besides my boyfriend and myself so urgh
The only thing that's sometimes different in Dia is her bangs and sometimes her ribbons, that's all
Risu was never drawn by somebody else ;w;

asparagus

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
I thought this was going to be a suggest different styles thread, oops wish full thinking I guess le sigh

People rarely draw my UTAU so I don't really know, though there are some things which can make me sigh (like if they mess up their ears, though it's understandable I guess).

I'd like to see people draw them with normal hair just to see how people would interpret the cords, but other then that I'm not sure.

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I admire people taking creative freedom to heart when they draw Kenji and or Keiti.
Hair is one major deal, as well as outfit.  I love it when people draw Kenji with different outfits, and I love it when people draw him with a different hairstyle if needed (I don't know how to draw it right myself, lol).  I don't like it as much if you change proportions, but not everyone is good with anatomy things- and it might also change based on style.  Dark3li and Steel kept proportions drawing Kenji, however their styles are drastically different, and therefore look different, however you can tell they are the same character.  Godley draws Kenji in different styles usually for effect, and though it doesn't stay consistent with proportion at all times, you can still tell its Kenji with a bit of comparison.

I'm generally care-free about the way people draw him as long as most characteristics are in place.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well because everyone's style is different I expect to see that when they draw my character. I actually like to see them drawn in a different way. For example, when I draw abrielle's hair, the top  is spiky. When someone else draws it they make it like a little mane . Sometimes they make her skin tone lighter or darker.

When I draw other utau's I might somewhat alter the coloring.