Dislikes on videos?

Jadii

Momo's Minion
Ok, so for the last few months, I've been getting dislikes on literally every single UTAU video I upload.
To be honest I didn't think much of it, just some person with some beef with me or something, I have no idea, but I didn't really care. After all, it's just a button on a website.

Here's the thing though; apparently, this is happening to a TON of people! I never really said anything because I thought it was a case isolated to me, but nope.
Here is the funny thing, you can find out exactly which country your disliker disliked your video from. And considering it's just for my UTAU videos, it's obviously going to be an UTAU user, right?

I went asking around, and very very oddly enough, everyone reported back the exact same thing; all of their dislikes were from Spain!

I even got botted by that person, and ALL of the dislikes came from spain!

spain.png

A similar thing happened to Luna (Aria's voicer) where she randomly got botted on her first UTAU video, too!
【UTAU】Moonlight Restaurant【Aria Cavatina】+ VB RELEASE YEEEEEE!!!
I asked her to check her stats, and she said it was the same as mine, they all came from Spain.
Aaron (Mathieu Rosaire's voicer) confirmed the same thing when I was discussing it once.

I know that Puru, Nami and Jeimuffin told me they have the same thing, they get an instant dislike whenever they upload, and I think Sango and Kiki also had that (they disabled their ratings?). At first I thought it was just someone targetting my circle of friends/people I talk to but now I don't think so because all of the people above kind of have different close friends.

I have also seen people here on the forum who I do not know mention about getting this, too.
In this case, I've come to see if anyone else here has this. If so, please do me a favour and check your uploads; can you please confirm if the dislikes are coming from Spain?

I know they are just dislikes, and if it was only me I wouldn't care. However this person seems to be targetting people and intentionally trying to mess up people's ratings by setting bots on them (for whatever reason?? I don't know).
Either way, I think it would be good to put a stop to it somehow. If they really are coming from Spain, I think it won't be that hard to figure out who it is, there aren't that many Spanish UTAU users.
It just sucks that someone is doing this to so many people in the community. I didn't think we'd have someone that nasty lurking but hey.

So yeah, if you're experiencing this, please let me know which country(ies?) your dislikes are coming from, thanks guys.

[p.s. if this is in the wrong topic I apologize, I really didn't know where else to put it ;; ]

Jadii

Momo's Minion
Oh, it's pretty easy!

First, go to your video manager, and click here:

stat5.png

Then click here:

stat2.png

Then here:

stat3.png

and voila

stat4.png

Dark3li

Teto's Territory
I've just noticed that my most recent video has a dislike from spain
mmm that's weird

Aline

Teto's Territory
Countries where the dislikes in my vids came from (dislikes calculated on vids since Aline's v2 demo came out; I won't calculate further before that because bluh, too many vids):
- Russia (2)
- Argentina (3)
- USA (6)
- Israel

The fact is that I see a constant. Argentina and Russia are countries known for having proxy servers located in them (Spain is probably one of those as well). I rule out the Israel dislike as someone who just thought I sucked, but I'm suspicious the person who's botting dislikes is from the USA and is using proxies to hide themselves. They couldn't do it in some occasions in my vids, I believe, but s/he may be a very dedicated hater.

Jadii

Momo's Minion
I don't think so. I know someone that complained about Argentina actually, but Spain seems to be the only consistant one. Spain dislikes seem to come on almost every single video and seem to come on every upload. It's not a recent thing either cause I went back to check my videos from half a year ago, and they are showing the same.
So I think maybe in your case that is just someone being dickish. I know myself I have 1 or 2 from different countries apart from Spain, but I wouldn't count them cause I guess I'm just trying to find the consistant one that seems to be attacking everyone.

Jadii

Momo's Minion
Yeah, more so the thing to be looking for are ones that seem to happen all the time, not 1 or 2 here and there. I have lots scattered about but like I said, the most consistant xD I've asked around and Spain seems to be the most consistant one with people who I have asked.

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*scrolls through list of videos in video manager*
*no more than 3 dislikes on any video, majority zeroes, two 3 dislikes, one 2 dislikes, six 1 dislike, I have 59 videos do the math for zero dislikes*

God now I feel bad.  Where are MYYY dislikes? *false pouting*
But wow, dislike spam bots?  I didn't even know those existed until now. :uhm:;
Uhhh, or maybe someone has an official "I hate Jade" fanclub in Spain... whichireallyhopedoesn'texistbecausewhatdidyoudotothem?

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I guess this is what Aaron was talking about but I just went and checked myself. We haven't gotten any spammed/instant dislikes in the past month or so, but I checked a streak of single-dislikes we got a while ago that was confusing me and they alternate between Spain and Argentina.

scarfu

Teto's Territory
I've already told Jade this but the majority of mine come from Spain and Argentina too... XD;

I'm wondering if it's just one user with a vendetta against UTAU or bots or what....

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
And has anyone noticed the trend where some videos have been getting more likes/dislikes, than the actual number of VIEWS?

Skeyi

Teto's Territory
Ah, same with me.
Although they're not from Spain, I get a dislike soon after uploading.
= v =;;
I wish they'd tell me why instead.

D

dCatharsis

Hmm...I got two dislikes in Ceoil and Kata's World's end Dancehall cover the same day I've uploaded the video. One is from Hungary, the other one is from Spain. Coincidence? I rarely got more than 1 dislike....and I don't get them that fast :S

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I usually get 1 dislike from the USA for the majority of my videos. I know who it's from though, so it doesn't bug me too much.

...there are dislike bots now? woah. 0_0

Aline

Teto's Territory
Rave link said:
I usually get 1 dislike from the USA for the majority of my videos. I know who it's from though, so it doesn't bug me too much.

Hey, Rave! We're on the same boat on that. lol

Yeah, the Argentina and Spain dislikes are getting really suspicious. I'd check for Russian dislikes as well, as many proxies are from Russia (since Russia has far more lax internet laws and stuff). If the disliker is using proxies, there should be some Russian dislikes sooner or later.

Or maybe the disliker is stalking us and will change the proxy to another country when he or she reaches the point in which we're sleuthing their ass out.

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Aline link said:
[quote author=Rave link=topic=391.msg2251#msg2251 date=1329072048]

Hey, Rave! We're on the same boat on that. lol

Yeah, the Argentina and Spain dislikes are getting really suspicious. I'd check for Russian dislikes as well, as many proxies are from Russia (since Russia has far more lax internet laws and stuff). If the disliker is using proxies, there should be some Russian dislikes sooner or later.

Or maybe the disliker is stalking us and will change the proxy to another country when he or she reaches the point in which we're sleuthing their ass out.
[/quote]

Really? I know little to nothing about Russia's laws, so I didn't know that. But I would definatly suggest testing it out. Plus, some of these people are probably just the "UTAU isn't real because they aren't 'official' vocaloids' people like in my school. T_T so many Vocaloid fans in my school say that, and I have a very strong urge to punch them in the face. Especially since they consider Teto 'official' since she got a cameo in Project diva.  I know people who would probably dislike it just for saying "UTAU" and not "fanmade Vocaloid". *starts threatening those people with a tazer*

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well, I don't have enough videos out there yet to notice a trend like this- I've only got one dislike so far- but... Really? Now they're making dislike bots? What, exactly, is the point of that?
"HUR HUR, now ur vid haz a bad red thumb at da bottum! TROLOLOLOL >:D"
... People really can't find anything better to do with their time anymore? o_o'

pluslelover

Momo's Minion
o god :/ i got a disike from spain too maybe it's a disliker bot or somethin like that or a vocaloid obsessed fan from spain that loves miku and hate UTAU LOL