do you listen to music while OTOing?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Simple question. Do you? I used to think it distracted me, but now it doesn't bother me, I can focus on OTOing while listening as long as it's VERY low. I get bored if I'm sitting there for a while with nothing playing. ;ww;

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I actually oto for fun, most of the time. It relaxes me a lot. Which means I listen to music in the meantime, like a regular daily thing to do... Unless VCV vowels.

Hika421

Teto's Territory
Totally. Always. On full blast too. Boring without it.
Like I'm really good with knowing my waveforms and I record at a good volume so I can OTO 'deaf' with no problem.

FastSpeedy

Teto's Territory
I actually would like to, but I don't listen to music while I'm OTOing. Most of the time I need to listen to the sample I'm working on to make sure the pronunciation is good, and to also find any errors in them (like background noise or clicks). I do it so often that listening to music would distract me, besides overpowering the sample's sound when I play them.

Bokimu

Teto's Territory
Sure do!! Since I clean my samples up before I save them so they have nice waveforms. So VCV and CV are a breeze to get through without dying of boredom XD

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yup. That and watch YouTube videos so I don't get bored to death. The volume has to be pretty low though so I can actually hear the samples.

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
I listen to music at every part of creating a bank except the recording. Just because I normally do it anyway. Lol.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
When I was OTO-ing Macne Coco I was pretty much on autopilot, I did it while watching TV XD which probably wasn't the best decision, but if something seems off to me while working on a song it's not too much trouble to make adjustments.

scarfu

Teto's Territory
Absolutely yes LMAO I'd die if I didn't

I listen to music when I oto VCV banks if I can see their consonants--in some of the VCV voicebanks I've oto'd the waveforms were strange, either too loud or too quiet, so I couldn't really see where the consonant started and ended... in those cases I couldn't listen to music and it was torture LMAO

For my own VCV banks though I always listen to music because my waveforms are pretty clear. Once you understand how otos work and what goes where I think doing it visually is just fine.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
scarfu link said:

I listen to music when I oto VCV banks if I can see their consonants--in some of the VCV voicebanks I've oto'd the waveforms were strange, either too loud or too quiet, so I couldn't really see where the consonant started and ended... in those cases I couldn't listen to music and it was torture LMAO

For my own VCV banks though I always listen to music because my waveforms are pretty clear. Once you understand how otos work and what goes where I think doing it visually is just fine.

Mine are almost ALWAYS messy, so I often have to stop and make sure they sound okay. >_< How do you get nice waveforms? Is it just the mic quality?

scarfu

Teto's Territory
Ant link said:
[quote author=scarfu link=topic=2994.msg22023#msg22023 date=1344531804]

Mine are almost ALWAYS messy, so I often have to stop and make sure they sound okay. >_< How do you get nice waveforms? Is it just the mic quality?
[/quote]

I actually have NO idea, but I think it might just be a matter of like the clarity of the pronunciation overall? Or... no I really don't have any idea LMAO

Most of the VCV voicebanks that I've oto'd other than my own are voicebanks that belong to my friends, and those friends use the exact same microphone as me. Even though we have the same exact mic, our waveforms are much different, so I don't think the mic has a lot to do with it...

I think it might just be like dependent on people's individual voices and pronunciation... @__@

thibaud76200

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I always listen to music while oto-ing, except when I do the "s"s, "sh"s, and "ch"s. Same for VCV.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
scarfu link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=2994.msg22142#msg22142 date=1344619740]
[quote author=scarfu link=topic=2994.msg22023#msg22023 date=1344531804]

[/quote]

I actually have NO idea, but I think it might just be a matter of like the clarity of the pronunciation overall? Or... no I really don't have any idea LMAO

Most of the VCV voicebanks that I've oto'd other than my own are voicebanks that belong to my friends, and those friends use the exact same microphone as me. Even though we have the same exact mic, our waveforms are much different, so I don't think the mic has a lot to do with it...

I think it might just be like dependent on people's individual voices and pronunciation... @__@
[/quote]

Hmmm. So I'm screwed then? XDDD Ah, I suppose it doesn't really matter, just need to do a bit of double checking.

Rai

Teto's Territory
Most of the time I'll put something on, either music or maybe some videos while I oto.
Especially true for when I'm working with my own banks but if I make adjustments to other's otos sometimes I'll have to pause to get a feel for their recording style and wavelengths or if I can't clearly see where the consonants end and vowels begin.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yes, when I feel it's risking to get boring quickly and well, anyway I cannot stop to listen to music .//.

It doesn't deconcentrate me and to be honest, I only turn off the video/music when I need to test the samples I just otoed and that the voice isn't enough loud to be heard while the rest is playing~

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I was sort of watching Invader Zim when I was OTOing.xD
Well, more listening, since I was watching my computer screen, but if I don't have something interesting going on in the background, I seriously have trouble keeping up something so time consuming/boring ouo