English Meteor Cover- Feedback Needed!!

deactivated

Teto's Territory
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/aleksandryekchekov/unfinished-meteor[/soundcloud]

Alright. I started this a while ago, but the ust got corrupted and I couldn;t finish it. Now I want to know, if I should start over, what can I improve upon?

Some info:
UTAU: Lizett
Resampler: Fresamp
Lyrics: Combination of my own and found online translations

ALL ust editing was by me. The original UST was from NND.

Any suggestions would be useful, such as pitching, editing, pronunciation, flags, resamplers, etc..

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
The cover is really good except I can't really understand what she's saying, and some parts are a little slow.

Koolit

Momo's Minion
Supporter
Goodness gracious, this song is lovely ;///; That piano part ...

I'll go on SC and make some timed comments to point out lyrics I thought were a bit hard to understand. I think the combination of it being a translyric-ed song (which can make phrasing a little strange sometimes when converting to English, therefore weird pronunciation) and also some high-ranged notes made her difficult to understand. Those aren't as much in your control unfortunately :C (In my opinion, it's uncommon to find really fitting trans-lyriced covers in general ... ones that sound as nice as the original, I mean. )

But there were a few times where I think just a change in what vowel you used for the word could make a difference in clarity. For example, when she sings "I look at the rugged (?) city" I felt "look" sort of sounded like "luck". Also, maybe sometimes her beginning consonant sounds were too quiet which made the words hard to make out. The first line is *lol if I'm correct on this* "Playing pretend to the midnight" the hardest word to make out was "pretend" because there wasn't a clear P sound. [sub]Probably because of her limited consonant combinations sighh[/sub]

But I hope that's some good feedback for you ;0; And again, I'll point out some things on SC if you're interested. I'm sorry to hear that the UST was corrupted ... For what it's worth, this little sample made me super super happy. It's a really pretty song ; w; YET SO INTRIGUING WITH THAT STYLE SHIFT AT THE END O AQ~! You've interested me to check out the original ^0^ gwuah Again, thanks for using Lizett ;w;; It thrilled me a lot. //hugs you a lot

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Princess Aleks link said:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/aleksandryekchekov/unfinished-meteor[/soundcloud]

Alright. I started this a while ago, but the ust got corrupted and I couldn;t finish it. Now I want to know, if I should start over, what can I improve upon?

Some info:
UTAU: Lizett
Resampler: Fresamp
Lyrics: Combination of my own and found online translations

ALL ust editing was by me. The original UST was from NND.

Any suggestions would be useful, such as pitching, editing, pronunciation, flags, resamplers, etc..

Wow, I like this song a lot, and an English cover too... Perfect. :D I think some of the understandability was lost because of the mixing. English vocals tend to need more careful mixing than regular Japanese vocals, I've found.

deactivated

Teto's Territory
Alright, here's the lyrics so far. Apparently I really do need to work on making things understandable xD I'll see what I can do.

Playing late into the midnight
the clock mutters sanctuary
beginning the infinite dream
with its tick-tocks eternally

I look at the rugged city
from up above the clouds so high
a faint flash of something so bright
announces a new lost child

We will sing every day
endlessly while searching for the lost you

so that maybe someday our voices
will finally reach out to you in dreamland