Every mic I use gives off bad noise no matter the quality of the mic whats happening??

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
In all honesty, I believe its my computer giving me the trouble... no matter if its a $5 mic or $100 mic it gives off an extreme amount of noise.... I have had to edit it through audacity... but I've heard that's bad for the quality of the voicebank....

My computer never fully connects anything so I think its a computer... (My wacom tablet goes in and out of connection so this is what Im kinda thinking why...)

It really actually hurts in a way cause I enjoy making voicebanks.. One day I want one that's actually good... Even if it is CV.... But... If the computer cant register it correctly... there's a good chance I should just give it up... Well until I'm 18 and can try and get a new laptop..

If ANYONE knows what may be up with this. Please tell me.. I'd be very thankful...

thanks

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
First things first:
What mics are you using? If you can give the specs, it'd be easier to answer your question.
For ex.

Brand: sE
Model: Magneto
Jack/USB/XLR: XLR
Interface: Blue Icicle (skip this if USB/Jack)

Chances are high that if it's a cheap, low quality mic, it's going to capture not only ambient (environment) and digital (sound card and components around it) noise, but also create noise of its own. It's also possible that your fan is the culprit. If your computer has a loud fan, you probably want to do one or both of the following: a) replace it, b) clean out your computer with compressed air. The more dust and debris in a machine, the louder it'll run. If your HDD is unusually loud, you may want to run tests to see that it's not failing or severely fragmented. You'll also want to move the mic away from the machine to reduce noise.

Second, you say that your USB connection is unstable. Have you tried these cords in all of your USB ports? Have you tried them in the ports of another computer (if available)? Is it possible for you to replace/switch these cords?

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
First things first:
What mics are you using? If you can give the specs, it'd be easier to answer your question.
For ex.

Brand: sE
Model: Magneto
Jack/USB/XLR: XLR
Interface: Blue Icicle (skip this if USB/Jack)

Chances are high that if it's a cheap, low quality mic, it's going to capture not only ambient (environment) and digital (sound card and components around it) noise, but also create noise of its own. It's also possible that your fan is the culprit. If your computer has a loud fan, you probably want to do one or both of the following: a) replace it, b) clean out your computer with compressed air. The more dust and debris in a machine, the louder it'll run. If your HDD is unusually loud, you may want to run tests to see that it's not failing or severely fragmented. You'll also want to move the mic away from the machine to reduce noise.

Second, you say that your USB connection is unstable. Have you tried these cords in all of your USB ports? Have you tried them in the ports of another computer (if available)? Is it possible for you to replace/switch these cords?
I know it isnt a cheap mic my dad said it was $100... and yeah my computer fan is loud... however I one, I dont have the money to replace it and we dont have compressed air ;~; and my mom wont let me try and fix it... she says she doesnt trust me DX but I have the mic pretty far from the fan already... However, I think one of the problems is that the room isnt big but doesnt have a door or anything... plus my bird.....

I'll ask my dad what type of mic it is but I think it was handmade....

I know unless I could get money myself I couldnt buy a new mic, but are there any you recommend?
[doublepost=1449782374][/doublepost]
No matter how good the mic is, you need a good recording setup. Maybe you could try one of these DIY recording booths.
As I wish I could do this... But my parents will not buy me ANYTHING for utau making... (the mic was a mic my dad had earlier) And I cant work atm ((at least very much since I dont have working papers)) ;~; soo... I dont think I'll make a good utau until im 18 TT-TT

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Could you show some recordings? That could help determine whether it's a microphone problem or a computer input problem.

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Go for it. If you could send comparisons between $5 mic and $100 mic, that'd help too :-)
I wish I could... atm I have lost all the ones used with the lower priced mic DX

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is there lots of noise in your room?
Is your PC loud? fans running? A/C? etc?
if so then turning those off/down and getting as far away as possible will fix that.
if not then it can be caused by the computer itself.

Won't be able to say for sure without knowing your setup or hearing your files.
What mic are you using exactly?