Explain aviutl?

P

partial

I've noticed aviutl is often recommended whenever anyone asks for a PV software. This would be fine, but from all my attempts to use aviutl I've never gotten anywhere. I have never been able to even do basic things like pan an image or even zoom in. I can't get the layers/linear editor part to work. I've never even been able to find good tutorials on basic things, either.

What am I missing? Why does everyone recommend this program? Is there some hidden series of tutorials that I have never managed to find? Or am I somehow the only person in the universe that struggles with this?

It really sorta makes me sad to see so many people recommending it when I can't do a n y t h i n g in it. Makes me feel a bit dumb, even. Would anyone be willing to make tutorials or explain how to do things via screenshots or something?

Reactions: HIRATELIER

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
When learning how to use aviutl I looked at both youtube videos and googled a bit, I still don't know most of the features but I can do basic videos with minimall effects.
For startes this video works setting up some stuff after installation (screeen size, basic scene change ect.), but don't follow the video's installation intructions, as they are old. I recomend downloading from this site intead, as it comes with some extra stuff, including L-SMASH.

I highly recomend looking into this thread (link), as it contains video tutorials and more! Theres also a playlist on youtube containing alot of tutorials here.
I also recomend exploring the drop down menu on different effects, you might find something you might want to use or save for later:wink: