First UST to distribute! Feedback?

Chasing Constellations

Teto's Territory
This UST is really good! It worked with every VCV I tried on it, which is more than I can say of a lot of USTs!! The tuning is really nice and simple, which is good because it works with every voice, and really lets users add their own tuning without having to clear the original tuning in the UST to do it. The tuning is good enough to make a plug-and-play cover really good, which is great for making the UST accessible to newer users. You even cleared the flags before distributing it, which is really good when it's picked up by new users who wouldn't always know why their UTAU sounds different on a specific UST (that is, if you used flags, and if not then just them not being there is a plus). Also, if it helps, I'm an UTAU-Synth user and it worked perfectly well for me.
The only criticism I would have is that the parts are split up onto different USTs, which is fine for most people, but some new users are really awful with timing (most of us were in the beginning), but if new users use the UST and time it incorrectly against the off vocal, sometimes it reflects badly on the UST itself to others, making them think the actual UST was off time, and it wasn't a mistake of the person making the cover. Just something to think about, but I wouldn't worry too much, most people listen through their covers even if they're just plug and playing.

Overall, this is excellent work and I'm excited to see whatever else you make!

Reactions: Apicat

Apicat

Teto's Territory
This UST is really good! It worked with every VCV I tried on it, which is more than I can say of a lot of USTs!! The tuning is really nice and simple, which is good because it works with every voice, and really lets users add their own tuning without having to clear the original tuning in the UST to do it. The tuning is good enough to make a plug-and-play cover really good, which is great for making the UST accessible to newer users. You even cleared the flags before distributing it, which is really good when it's picked up by new users who wouldn't always know why their UTAU sounds different on a specific UST (that is, if you used flags, and if not then just them not being there is a plus). Also, if it helps, I'm an UTAU-Synth user and it worked perfectly well for me.
The only criticism I would have is that the parts are split up onto different USTs, which is fine for most people, but some new users are really awful with timing (most of us were in the beginning), but if new users use the UST and time it incorrectly against the off vocal, sometimes it reflects badly on the UST itself to others, making them think the actual UST was off time, and it wasn't a mistake of the person making the cover. Just something to think about, but I wouldn't worry too much, most people listen through their covers even if they're just plug and playing.

Overall, this is excellent work and I'm excited to see whatever else you make!

OMG thank you so much!