Giving up your UTAU ownership?

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Lately, I've had a little problem and I would like the opinion of other UTAU users.

There's someone I know who is a bit of an artist and fanfiction writer. He's drawn a few pictures for me of my UTAU, Kuro. Well, a couple months ago he asked me to give up my "ownership" of my UTAU just so he could draw her and use her however he wanted and not need my approval. When I wasn't having it, he tried to get me to make him "co-owner." Again I wasn't having it.

I had another UTAU user message me just a few minutes ago and informed me that the artist had tried to get the UTAU user to give up his UTAU just as I was asked. He seems bent on trying to get people to "give him" their UTAU when he finds an UTAU user even though he doesn't use the program.

Any ideas on how this person could be handled? He just doesn't seem to take no for an answer.

P

PurinPuff

So, essentially, he... wants you to give up ownership so that he can use the design to draw them? Or use them in fanfiction? o_e;
Wut?

Do you know what his motive is? Is this for, like, perverse reasons? Because typically, one wouldn't mind having their UTAU drawn unless they don't approve of the picture...

I don't have too much information on the topic, what methods does he use to ask UTAU users for their designs? Are you not able to simply ignore the messages?

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
He wants to use them for fanfiction and drawings and he's known for doing perverse/smutty drawings which is why I make sure that anything he draws of my UTAU is approved by me.

He basically hits up people on msn and says something like "Would you be willing to give up your ownership of your UTAU/*insert UTAU name here*?"

He doesn't ask me about giving my UTAU to him, but it he's doing it to other people and that bothers me. I for some reason can get him to understand things a little better than others so I figured I would try to deal with him myself.

P

PurinPuff

I see. So, simply telling him not to harass the others and simply obeying usage clauses isn't working, I take it? That's a toughie. >_>;;

P

PurinPuff

HiddenVenia link said:
[quote author=Lemondolly link=topic=1479.msg11202#msg11202 date=1334703680]
Who is the user?
The UTAU user?
[/quote]

The guy asking people to give up their UTAUs, I think. How is he contacting others?

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
When he find out that someone on his msn, like me has an UTAU, he'll start asking/pestering about it

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Fuuuuuuuuh

*there there* that is a thing that sounds pretty shitty orz. Perhaps you could report him on dA for harassing you? Is that a thing you can do?

Question: do you know this guy outside of this issue, or did he just randomly latch on to your UTAU? If you know him in RL or from a roleplay site or something then I guess reporting him would be preeeetty awkward :\

In any case you shouldn't have to put up with this shit.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I don't even know him on DA. I just know him from a roleplay site. I don't even remember how exactly I brought my UTAU up to him. I think he messaged me while I was working on something for my UTAU, I told him I was busy working on it and when he asked me what UTAU was, I explained and then showed him a picture and told him that the character in the picture was my UTAU and then it went from there.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
Don't do anything you're not comfortable with. It's your work, you have the right to do with it as you please. Don't feel pressured into giving it up just because he's drawn fanart of it. He did it on his own accord.

HiddenVenia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I don't plan to give up my UTAU. Ever. I'm just wondering how to actually deal with someone like this.

Mametchi

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I personally would tell him to sod off, but that's just me.

Just report him for harassment, he'll get the picture soon enough.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
I'm with Mametchi.
Block him and report him for harassment should he continue. Just be sure to tell him that you have no intention of giving up your UTAU.