Have anyone preordered Project Mirai DX from gamestop?

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I just got an email from them saying it got cancelled. Like the heck bruh, I WAITED MONTHS FOR THIS GAME ;A;
Have you evern preordered gamestop ever? Did they ever cancel it? I am currently reading reviews, and they were so bad. Plz, I hope I wasnt the only one who ordered from gamestop.

B

bodytemp

I got the JP edition. I'm not a fan of the english translations of the Diva games. SERIOUSLY how do you dungoof and misstranslate torinko city to "underurbandonmant"

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
it probably didn't sell as well as they had hoped it would and honestly i feel if they would have done it more in a normal anime style instead of nendroids/chibis it would have sold better. The fact the were all chibi is the reason 3 of my vocaloid friends didn't bother, they enjoy their normal project diva enough XD

Edit: btw i'm NOT saying that it is the reason, i just got a feeling it steered people away,

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
I got the JP edition. I'm not a fan of the english translations of the Diva games. SERIOUSLY how do you dungoof and misstranslate torinko city to "underurbandonmant"
They had to retain the pun, well, somehow. I like using "Discardistrict" myself. just rolls off the tongue!

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I didn't preorder anything cause I forgot but I still managed to buy a copy today~! I'm super excited to play it *u* More excited to have a cute chibi Luka on my screen to play with <3 So I guess I'm the opposite of what Stars was talking about I love the cute chibi style. It's like my Luka nendo has come to life in my DS~

I'm pretty lenient with translations for anything honestly at least they're trying ;; It's pretty hard to translae a language that a lot of the time might not have exact translations to go with so you have to start being clever OTL

melobuniiP

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
it probably didn't sell as well as they had hoped it would and honestly i feel if they would have done it more in a normal anime style instead of nendroids/chibis it would have sold better. The fact the were all chibi is the reason 3 of my vocaloid friends didn't bother, they enjoy their normal project diva enough XD

Edit: btw i'm NOT saying that it is the reason, i just got a feeling it steered people away,
Nonono, it was selling, it was on FIRE. It sold out in my area quick.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441900721][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't preorder anything cause I forgot but I still managed to buy a copy today~! I'm super excited to play it *u* More excited to have a cute chibi Luka on my screen to play with <3 So I guess I'm the opposite of what Stars was talking about I love the cute chibi style. It's like my Luka nendo has come to life in my DS~

I'm pretty lenient with translations for anything honestly at least they're trying ;; It's pretty hard to translae a language that a lot of the time might not have exact translations to go with so you have to start being clever OTL
This really didnt have anything to do what I asked, I was asking if anyone preorder at gamestop before. mine was cancelled for no reason, i googled reviews, and gamestop has a history of cancelling preorders and keepin your moola.

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm sorry. I felt like since you were talking about pre-ordering the game we could at least kind of talk about it too. Will try not to let it happen again.

Is GameStop keeping your money or are you talking about the reviews in general where people have lost their money?? Cause you should be able to get it back if you're not getting the game. I pro-ordered a game from them once but I was the one who canceled on them and I got my money back with no problem. You should be able to go to the store you pre-ordered from and get a refund or something. Because what is your money even going towards they shouldn't be keeping it at that point.

Course some people might give you an "are you sure you want to cancel it? blah blah depending on the store but still. I know GameStop doesn't have the best track record for anything at this point but keeping your money for a game you're not even going to get is ew especially if they're the ones who canceled. Unless they plan on still getting it to you somehow but "cancel" says otherwise to me.

melobuniiP

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm sorry. I felt like since you were talking about pre-ordering the game we could at least kind of talk about it too. Will try not to let it happen again.

Is GameStop keeping your money or are you talking about the reviews in general where people have lost their money?? Cause you should be able to get it back if you're not getting the game. I pro-ordered a game from them once but I was the one who canceled on them and I got my money back with no problem. You should be able to go to the store you pre-ordered from and get a refund or something. Because what is your money even going towards they shouldn't be keeping it at that point.

Course some people might give you an "are you sure you want to cancel it? blah blah depending on the store but still. I know GameStop doesn't have the best track record for anything at this point but keeping your money for a game you're not even going to get is ew especially if they're the ones who canceled. Unless they plan on still getting it to you somehow but "cancel" says otherwise to me.
Ahh ;v; I feel they're keeping it, i guess it was because I was using a prepaid visa gift card. But THEY cancelled on me ;o;
so mean gamestop ;n;

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Go to a real store nearby you and explaint he situation - did you preorder online or in store? If ina store you need to visit the one you preordered at and they can definetly refund you. If it's online I still recommend going into the store, they're likely going to tell you that you have to contact customer service but you're young so I know that it might be confusing - go there and ask anything you'd like, like why was it cancelled, how is this going to work out, etc.

Gamestop is only as bad as it's employees, the people who work there are just that, people. I know some people have had bad experiences but my local Gamestop is a wonderfully run place filled with very nice people and the manager is super stern and gets stuff done. For all you know it could have been a system error, or maybe since it was a prepaid card they tried to do card authorization (where they check to make sure the card is good and has money to pay for the item) and it bounced for some reason.

But yeah! Just visit a store and ask for help.

melobuniiP

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Go to a real store nearby you and explaint he situation - did you preorder online or in store? If ina store you need to visit the one you preordered at and they can definetly refund you. If it's online I still recommend going into the store, they're likely going to tell you that you have to contact customer service but you're young so I know that it might be confusing - go there and ask anything you'd like, like why was it cancelled, how is this going to work out, etc.

Gamestop is only as bad as it's employees, the people who work there are just that, people. I know some people have had bad experiences but my local Gamestop is a wonderfully run place filled with very nice people and the manager is super stern and gets stuff done. For all you know it could have been a system error, or maybe since it was a prepaid card they tried to do card authorization (where they check to make sure the card is good and has money to pay for the item) and it bounced for some reason.

But yeah! Just visit a store and ask for help.
1) From online
2) I have no transportation.
3) I'm not that young, I'm only 19 xD
I've ordered form gamestop online before, I never preordered before
It might be the giftcard.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*faceplant* Sorry I remembered yesterday you talking about how you have the body of a 13-year-old, should have realized you'd be talking about height and not your age. DX

But a shame about the transportation! Well then I'd ring up your local gamestop and ask them how to proceed. Like say you preordered, it was cancelled not by you, and you're concerned that the way you paid might have been the problem. They'll probably give you some advice before sending you off to call customer service, which helps.

I've only ever preordered in store, sorry I can't be of more help ;;

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ahh yeah you should call then if you don't have the transportation atm. Just to stay on top of things ;; But also is there a website you could check the giftcard amount? I got a $100 one as a graduation gift and there was a sticker on the card that had a website where I could check the amount. Actually I think I also had to activate it there too? Anyway, the reason I ask is are you sure it was charged and the amount for the game was taken?

Oh and just a heads up, I'm like 90% sure even if you paid with a card you could still get a refund it would just be in cash or something like that. ouo

EDIT: But again...that would count on you getting to the store =(