having trouble getting voicebanks to work :']

nqmiiq

Momo's Minion
hello hello !! i recently downloaded utau so i'm very new to all of this, please bear with me ^^;
anyways, i tried installing momone momo's soft voicebank, and for some reason she wont sing. i'll put in notes and there's just no sound. i've tried reinstalling utau, reinstalling her voicebank, but nothing's working. the same thing also happened when i tried using matsudappoiyo, the only voicebanks i got to work where teto and defoko. does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Confounding thing.
I managed to get sound on my setup (with the default resampler and everything, so it does sound bad, and I have no idea how it interacts should I have other momo vbs installed)
I suppose the next few things to ask is:
Where did you get the voicebank?
How did you install the voicebank?
Where did you install UTAU?
What resampler are you using?
I'll answer these questions for myself here:
The archive
Took the files inside the UTAU folder in Appdata/Roaming (You should know if you've installed Minecraft Java mods, %appdata%)
The root in the User folder for my own user [C:/Users/NordGeit/UTAU]
Tested with the base resampler.dll but also Moresampler

Answering these questions is importiant to troubleshoot voicebanks at a base level.
Actually, answering the obvious stuff is, well... Importiant for asking questions in a forum.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Nord, it's probably not that complicated.

Many Japanese voicebanks are in VCV, or 連続音 format. VCV is short for vowel-consonant-vowel, which is how each lyric should be written in the UST.

In a typical Japanese UST, you'd have CV (consonant-vowel) lyrics that look something like this.
ka e ru no u ta ga
[か][え][る][の][う][た][が]

For VCV, each note will borrow the vowel from the previous note.
[- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]

This will help the notes to connect smoothly. If you don't want to manually edit notes one by one, I suggest installing a converter plugin that will allow you to automatically edit the whole UST at once.

Reactions: WinterdrivE