Hello everyone! uhm i need help ;^;

Lemoncookie196

Momo's Minion
So uh im new here and i uh need some help... A ust of i downloaded recently is not working for me. The vb work fine but the ust has some words in it and it makes it not workable. there is r,i and a. Do i have to remake the vb? or should i try deleting the words? I hope i dont have to delete the words oh and the song i am trying to cover is grey one which is a not very popular song. Thanks.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Hello, welcome to the forums! In UTAU, the R note signals a rest. If you are working with either Japanese or English, 'i' and 'a' are important sounds to have, however Japanese will work differently than English.

Is it okay if I ask for you to explain further? Like what language the song is in, and what words make in 'not working', specifically?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Welcome to UF!
(note that this is introductions and it would of been more appropriate to post into a separate help thread. just for future reference.)
the R is a rest, it's the default silent note to fill gaps in a ust. "i" and "a" are just a few sounds of a japanese voicebank.

You probably don't need to remake the voicebank but it depends what the issue actually is, could you explain further?

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It would be useful to us if you could take screenshots of what isn't working so that we understand exactly what you're talking about. Could you post some screenshots of the UST? Maybe tell us where you downloaded it so we can look at it as well?

Lemoncookie196

Momo's Minion
gR04hMm.png
It would be useful to us if you could take screenshots of what isn't working so that we understand exactly what you're talking about. Could you post some screenshots of the UST? Maybe tell us where you downloaded it so we can look at it as well?
uhm okay

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
What kind of voicebank are you using? I honestly haven"t done much in UTAU, but I know that certain voice banks won't work with this. If the samples/sample names/whatever it's called(sorry, I'm bad with terminology) aren't consistent with what is on the UST it won't play. Said in simpler terms: the names have to match.
If this doesn't make sense would someone please explain what I'm saying? And if I'm wrong, please correct me.

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
You are using a VCV ust for a CV voicebank most likely, you'll need to convert it to CV with a plugin

Lemoncookie196

Momo's Minion
You are using a VCV ust for a CV voicebank most likely, you'll need to convert it to CV with a plugin
oh okay thank you
[doublepost=1456758538][/doublepost]
What kind of voicebank are you using? I honestly haven"t done much in UTAU, but I know that certain voice banks won't work with this. If the samples/sample names/whatever it's called(sorry, I'm bad with terminology) aren't consistent with what is on the UST it won't play. Said in simpler terms: the names have to match.
If this doesn't make sense would someone please explain what I'm saying? And if I'm wrong, please correct me.
oh uh im using a hiragana one i think? i made the voice bank.

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
oh okay thank you
[doublepost=1456758538][/doublepost]
oh uh im using a hiragana one i think? i made the voice bank.

See, I actually didn't know there was a plugin for that. Learn something every day, even if it's the simplest things, I guess. But yeah, If it doesn't match or simply doesn't exist, it won't play. It's always good to ask.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes, that's a VCV ust. You don't even have to use a plugin to convert VCV to CV. You can just select all the notes, go to Tools > Built-in Tools > SurfixBroker and check "Remove Prefix" then hit OK and it'll clear it all for you.

Lemoncookie196

Momo's Minion
Yes, that's a VCV ust. You don't even have to use a plugin to convert VCV to CV. You can just select all the notes, go to Tools > Built-in Tools > SurfixBroker and check "Remove Prefix" then hit OK and it'll clear it all for you.
okay thank you