Help Finding Resampler

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I've been testing my latest voicebank, CASSIEL JPNV01, but I've yet to find a resampler / flag combination that produces optimal quality.

Here is a sample of the voicebank rendered with BKH01 and flags Y0B0.

As you can hear, it sounds rather robotic, but it's the best I've found so far. I believe with a better selected resampler then it could sound, well, better.

I've always been kind of lousy at selecting the right flags and resamplers, so I'm hoping some of you could help. Here's a link to an incomplete version of the voicebank that you may use to test yourself, but if you don't want to do that, feel free to give me suggestions to try anyways. I'm also welcome to general critique of the voicebank, but the main purpose of this thread is to select a resampler.

NOTE: This download will be removed in a few days. Please don't upload any usage of it outside of the purpose of this thread, and please do not redistribute it. I will be releasing the finished voicebank in February.

AoiAndroid

Momo's Minion
While I think this sounds very clear and not at all robotic, i think it may be better to think about what effect a resampler has on a voice and what you're aiming for. Do you define better as more realistic, or closer to the original singer?

I've noticed that the regular resampler,bkh01, and efb-gt(when it works) make a very clear voice while TIPS makes some utaus grainy and Fresamp makes some nasally in higher notes. I've used TIPS for softer songs and Fresamp with rock songs. It kinda comes down to what song you're working with and how the voice goes with it.

In terms of flags, I'm still learning them myself, but I've found that Y0H0/Y0B0 are just a general flags to use with any resampler. However, many resamplers have their own flags (I know that Fresamp uses f1 for something) so I would go in and test strings of flags of each resampler and make notes on what effects they have on your UTAU