Help with OTO'ing a CV Voicebank??

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
Hiya. I made my CV UTAU yesterday, and today I was originally going to work on her voicebank, except I don't know what I'm doing despite all the tutorials. I rather someone who's experienced on OTO'ing UTAU's then myself; seeing as I'm a clutz and an idiot. Please? ;w; thank's in advance even if you can't help!

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I can oto your bank for you. I'm pretty skilled with CV. My examples here:

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
I can oto your bank for you. I'm pretty skilled with CV. My examples here:

You don't realize how much this means to me ;w; You're so good at CV's; is Tsukine your UTAU? If so, she sounds wonderful!

If I give you the link to download my UTAU, do you prefer downloading her folder or a .zip/.rar ? Just asking for user preference ^^

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes, Tsukine is my UTAU. I have no particular preference for either archiving method, as I can open both, so it's up to you.

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
Yes, Tsukine is my UTAU. I have no particular preference for either archiving method, as I can open both, so it's up to you.

I was just wondering; would it cost me any money for you to OTO my UTAU? I don't have any money ;n;

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In the best interest of your voicebank (as well as to ease the amount of work i'll have to do), I'm going to have to ask if you'll consider recording your voicebank again. Between the low quality of your samples (considering your age and the lack of utau use for the past couple of years, I can't really fault you for using a laptop mic), and the fact that they aren't consistent in pitch and volume, even with my otoing skills, your bank may end up sounding off key when she sings (I don't want to artificially pitch edit them and sacrifice more quality). I'm asking this because don't want to promise the moon only for your bank to not turn out the best it can be by factors I have no control over. I can't fix the quality of the mic, but I do want to try to help you where I can. I recommend using Studio One (there's a free version) to record your samples and using the built in tuner for it so you can see what pitch your singing on.

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
In the best interest of your voicebank (as well as to ease the amount of work i'll have to do), I'm going to have to ask if you'll consider recording your voicebank again. Between the low quality of your samples (considering your age and the lack of utau use for the past couple of years, I can't really fault you for using a laptop mic), and the fact that they aren't consistent in pitch and volume, even with my otoing skills, your bank may end up sounding off key when she sings (I don't want to artificially pitch edit them and sacrifice more quality). I'm asking this because don't want to promise the moon only for your bank to not turn out the best it can be by factors I have no control over. I can't fix the quality of the mic, but I do want to try to help you where I can. I recommend using Studio One (there's a free version) to record your samples and using the built in tuner for it so you can see what pitch your singing on.

Alright. I'll re-record the samples. I don't mind since it only took me a couple of hours. I'll take longer this time, and maybe make sure that my samples are on key. I'll get back to you ASAP. ^^ Do you suggest any reclists that I can use?? Thanks again!

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is my personal reclist and it includes VV (optional):

aiueon
kakikukeko
gagigugego
sasisuseso
shashishushesho
zazizuzezo
tatituteto
dadidudedo
jajijujejo
tsu
chachichuchecho
naninuneno
hahihuheho
fafifufefo
ffu - American accented F
babibubebo
papipupepo
mamimumemo
yayuyeyo
rarirurero - tap like butter, better, etc.
wawiwewo
vavivuvevo

ai au ae ao an
ia iu ie io in
ua ui ue uo un
ea ei eu eo en
oa oi ou oe on
l
m
kyakyukyo
gyagyugyo
nyanyunyo
hyahyuhyo
byabyubyo
pyapyupyo
myamyumyo
ryaryuryo - tap like butter, better, etc.

It can be done strung or in single sound files.

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
This is my personal reclist and it includes VV (optional):

aiueon
kakikukeko
gagigugego
sasisuseso
shashishushesho
zazizuzezo
tatituteto
dadidudedo
jajijujejo
tsu
chachichuchecho
naninuneno
hahihuheho
fafifufefo
ffu - American accented F
babibubebo
papipupepo
mamimumemo
yayuyeyo
rarirurero - tap like butter, better, etc.
wawiwewo
vavivuvevo

ai au ae ao an
ia iu ie io in
ua ui ue uo un
ea ei eu eo en
oa oi ou oe on
l
m
kyakyukyo
gyagyugyo
nyanyunyo
hyahyuhyo
byabyubyo
pyapyupyo
myamyumyo
ryaryuryo - tap like butter, better, etc.

It can be done strung or in single sound files.

Wow that's rather short o-o And it covers all the sounds in UTAU?? I think I'll use yours and just record in syllables, I still want to start easy since it's been two years.

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yup. It's all the standard Japanese sounds without any excess extras (L and M are optional as well and is really for any Engrish).

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
Yup. It's all the standard Japanese sounds without any excess extras (L and M are optional as well and is really for any Engrish).

So if I were going to do CV, I'd just split the strings into single sounds correct, and is VV a new thing? I've never heard of it to be frank, I was looking around the internet and found that VV stands for Vowel-Vowel, but I have no idea which sounds would be VV ;-; I do however have Studio One 2 (because I bought Miku) and I got to say I've never been so confused in my life. Audacity is what I normally use, but Studio sounds so more professional ;w; I'm sorry for asking so many questions, I just rather not mess up again and waste your time.

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
CV can be done in strings or single sound (though strings can be better as you'll more than likely have shorter samples, more consistent volume, and more consistent pitch). Vowel-Vowel has been around since the debut of VCV and is recorded like so:

https://clyp.it/umtbdcci (mind you, my sample is a little on the long side)

Japanese vowels are a, i, u, e, o, n (n is a consonant and vowel). In the list, they're written as ai, au, ae, ao, an, etc.

https://app.box.com/s/tpyaetnqhvlkek3y0r8ruix9rkk9zanq <- this zip includes pics and instructions for how to record

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
CV can be done in strings or single sound (though strings can be better as you'll more than likely have shorter samples, more consistent volume, and more consistent pitch). Vowel-Vowel has been around since the debut of VCV and is recorded like so:

https://clyp.it/umtbdcci (mind you, my sample is a little on the long side)

Japanese vowels are a, i, u, e, o, n (n is a consonant and vowel). In the list, they're written as ai, au, ae, ao, an, etc.

https://app.box.com/s/tpyaetnqhvlkek3y0r8ruix9rkk9zanq <- this zip includes pics and instructions for how to record

I unzipped, I'll be following these instructions to make sure I don't mess up , they're pretty simple to understand^^ The only part I'm not understanding is the recording part, do i continue recording like I was before or do I use the example you gave me as a guide?

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For the VV samples, the sample I linked should be your guide (doesn't have to be on the same pitch, but it should give you an idea of what to do). Everything else (the CV) is up to you. It can be single sound recordings, strung... there's no right or wrong way. Whatever gets the needed result (consistent pitch for all samples and hopefully more consistent volume), I'll accept. I will tell you that aside from the pitching and volume fluctuations, you were on the right track with the original bank in that you left unrecorded silence in the samples. Make sure you do that for this new bank and any future banks. It makes otoing smoothly much easier.

xKinuki

Momo's Minion
For the VV samples, the sample I linked should be your guide (doesn't have to be on the same pitch, but it should give you an idea of what to do). Everything else (the CV) is up to you. It can be single sound recordings, strung... there's no right or wrong way. Whatever gets the needed result (consistent pitch for all samples and hopefully more consistent volume), I'll accept. I will tell you that aside from the pitching and volume fluctuations, you were on the right track with the original bank in that you left unrecorded silence in the samples. Make sure you do that for this new bank and any future banks. It makes otoing smoothly much easier.

Alright. Thanks. I'll start recording, I noticed that Studio One has a cleaner recording then Audacity; which I prefer much more. I'll reply to you once I have the VoiceBank fully recorded :D I really appreciate your help, a lot.

Onyx5432

Momo's Minion
Is there any other program that we could use to record utau voice samples besides one studio. I have been having troubles with the program...it won't record no matter what mic I use, but I want to make some high quality voice samples. Oh, and sorry for all the trouble i may have caused by asking you these questions, but which samples/parts of your reclist are vv?

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
These are the VV:

ai au ae ao an
ia iu ie io in
ua ui ue uo un
ea ei eu eo en
oa oi ou oe on

Other programs include Podium, Reaper, FL Studio Demo (keep in mind that you can't open saved projects, so you'll have to record and export everything in one session) off the top of my head. There's also Mixcraft (my personal favorite, but unless you buy it for $89, you'll only have a 14 day trial, after which you won't be able to export - there are ways around this, but I would be remiss to endorse potentially illegal activity in a public space). There's also oremo, but I'm not the biggest fan of it.

For Studio One, have you tried to change I/O settings to narrow down what could be the problem? Keep in mind too, if you try to switch windows while doing anything in Studio One (say, you try to record but also click on notepad or something to see the reclist), it does turn sound off and become inactive. You're arming your tracks and using monitor input, right? Maybe if you screenshot the settings of your recording devices, the settings your projects are in, and the I/O settings, I might be able to help you.

Onyx5432

Momo's Minion
These are the VV:

ai au ae ao an
ia iu ie io in
ua ui ue uo un
ea ei eu eo en
oa oi ou oe on

Other programs include Podium, Reaper, FL Studio Demo (keep in mind that you can't open saved projects, so you'll have to record and export everything in one session) off the top of my head. There's also Mixcraft (my personal favorite, but unless you buy it for $89, you'll only have a 14 day trial, after which you won't be able to export - there are ways around this, but I would be remiss to endorse potentially illegal activity in a public space). There's also oremo, but I'm not the biggest fan of it.

For Studio One, have you tried to change I/O settings to narrow down what could be the problem? Keep in mind too, if you try to switch windows while doing anything in Studio One (say, you try to record but also click on notepad or something to see the reclist), it does turn sound off and become inactive. You're arming your tracks and using monitor input, right? Maybe if you screenshot the settings of your recording devices, the settings your projects are in, and the I/O settings, I might be able to help you.
Thank you for the quick and detailed response.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436454173][/DOUBLEPOST]
These are the VV:

ai au ae ao an
ia iu ie io in
ua ui ue uo un
ea ei eu eo en
oa oi ou oe on

Oh wow I was clicking out of the page

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was just wondering; would it cost me any money for you to OTO my UTAU? I don't have any money ;n;
My services are normally for pay, but I'm willing to do a trade in the form of deviantart points (if you have an account there), artwork, or an utau cover with the free version of my bank.