Hi all

Leksa

Momo's Minion
Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I just started using Utau yesterday. I'm also teaching myself music theory. I'm currently trying to learn how to use the Mawarine Shuu or Mawarine Shuu voicebank. On the Utau Wiki it's Shuu Marawine and the video that made me want to get the bank it's Mawarine Shuu. I have no idea which way is the correct way to write it sorry. When I heard that voice I just knew it was the one for me. With that being said though since I am so new to Utau I'm honestly not sure if it's the best bank to start off with. Is CVVC too complicated to start off with or does it not really matter what you start making USTs with?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Welcome to the forum and UTAU in general. It doesn't really matter what you start out with as UTAU's notes automatically input in CV. No matter what voicebank style you use: VCV, CVVC, CV, there's a converter plugin for it - particularly if you're just sticking to Japanese. I recommend the autocvvc plugin - which converts to all 3 styles of banks. Dictionaries can also be added to it for languages that aren't Japanese.

Leksa

Momo's Minion
Hi Suyeon,

Thanks for the welcome and letting me know about the plugin. I will definitely get it. UTAU's notes automatically input in CV? Well if that's case I'm really confused on how one style can mix more smoothly than another if they all are input to UTAU the same way.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi Suyeon,

Thanks for the welcome and letting me know about the plugin. I will definitely get it. UTAU's notes automatically input in CV? Well if that's case I'm really confused on how one style can mix more smoothly than another if they all are input to UTAU the same way.

Notes input as CV automatically, but to make the transitions smooth [outside of having a really well done CV oto] and make them work, the notes need to be converted - whether that be by plugin, or resampler. There's a resampler called presamp that's supposed to do the job of autocvvc without converting the format of the UST itself.

Normal UTAU input (CV): [a] [ri] [ga] [to]
CVVC [after conversion of the UST]: [- a] [a r] [ri] [i g] [ga] [a t] [to] - depending on the ust, you may not have this many transitions for a particular word.
VCV [after conversion]: [- a] [a ri] i ga] [a to] - for VCV this would normally be written as such: [- あ] [a り] [i が] [a と]. A romaji VCV bank is almost unheard of outside of users that never change their locale.

Presamp can - theoretically - make a VCV or CVVC bank work on a UST that's in CV format (I'm not good at getting it to work, but others are).

As for why a bank can be smoother than another - that's down to recording style + configuration and the way VCV and CVVC are recorded and configured usually lend themselves to being more fluid than a CV bank.

Leksa

Momo's Minion
Oh okay. I see. Thanks so much for the explanation. I think I get it. Having multiple instances of the same letter make the transition between syllables smoother.