How can I create a voice bank of character?

sewha

Momo's Minion
First of all, I have a voice file that contains only the characters I want to make the character I want to make.I wonder how I can turn this character into a voice bank.

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
Well, that depends what you're going for. Are you making an UTAU design, a voicebank, or both?

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
If your question is how to create a VB from the character design you already have...Then you can record voice samples for them
Basically, you need:
- A recording list
- A mic to record (i don't suggest a lappy mic, it'll record sound inside the lappy)
- A recording software (you can download OREMO cause it contains useful features to help ppl record UTAU VB )

You can search our resources to find out more on how to create VB ^^

Or maybe can you please make it clearer? i can't get to fully understand your question orz

Last edited:

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't understand what you mean.

Do you mean characters in terms of art or characters in terms of sounds?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UTAU Software Usage Policy
5. Do not import voicebanks from other voice synthesis softwares without permission. This means:

6. You can't make voicebanks out of existing softwares like Vocaloid. Yamaha, as well as the third-party companies that produce Vocaloid voices, forbid this kind of activity.

7. You can't make voicebanks out of voice speech/synthesis softwares unless they give you permission. This includes voicebanks based on Microsoft SAM, and others. Out of respect, UTAU wiki does not promote usage of such voicebanks. The only seen exceptions here are the Macne family, Acme Iku and FL Studio voices.

9. Do not record voicebanks of an individual (defined as a nobody, a typical person) without their consent. Even if the individual is dead, it still should not be done.

10. Do not record voicebanks of a popular figure such as (but not limited to) showbiz figures, politicians and other singers, without their consent. It is seen to be a danger to the program's survival, making the program, its author, and those who recorded it highly susceptible to lawsuits and legal action (Examples: Shakira, Megumi Nakajima)

If you are complying with all the statements listed above, we'd be glad to give you advice on how to create voicebanks.