How can I make my UTAU voicebank sound better.

HimemiKimiko

Momo's Minion
So last week I made her sing a Demo song...But I want her to sound way better before I release her....

Demo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs0UC1WmTAI

So anyways I didn't use any envelopes or pitch bend thingy's, But I OTO'd her and stuff (Not sure if I OTO'd her right though) But anyways I would like advice on how to make sound better.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well the OTO is off, or you didn't fit the UST or both. She also has pronunciation issues but you didn't ask about that stuff

You might want to look at a tutorial for OTOing (like this one) & learn how to fit a UST to a voicebank, which I'll explain below.

In other semi related words, your mixing could use some work. But overall GJ~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mmkay, so to fit a UST to an UTAU, you gotta open the UST first, & then go to "Edit" -> "Select All Notes" (I'm assuming you have the English patch, I hope).
Then right-click on any note & go down to "Region Property."
A box should pop up, & what you're gonna do is hit the "Clear" button, so the "Preutterance" & "Overlap" boxes become white.
Since you've never done this before, you're then probably gonna have to press the "Details" arrow thingie at the bottom of the box.
Then go to the "STP" box. See if it's grayed out. If it is, clear it, so it becomes white. (Just click the box & press the space bar)
Make sure you press the "OK" when you're done!
Then, in the upper rightish part of UTAU (underneath the "Trace" & "Render" buttons), you'll see 4 buttons. You're gonna press the "P2P3" button, & then right after press the "ACPT" button. (Don't get confused if you don't see anything happening; if you look at the notes when you press "P2P3" you'll see that it'll crossfade them into each other).
After you do that, you might wanna press the "P1P4" button (& then "ACPT" again!)
After that, go through the UST & make sure there's no exclamation marks (!) above any notes. If there are, select the note, right-click on it, go to "Envelope," & in the box that pops up, press the middle button of the 3 buttons that you see. If that doesn't do anything, press the right button. Then press "OK."

Congrats, you fitted a UST to your UTAU!
Sorry if it's a little longwinded, the process takes like 10 seconds at most lol but there's a lot involved.