How do you define or would explain the utau fandom

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
In your own words, how would you analyze the fandom as a whole and how does it fair against the vocaloid fandom.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Wow, rude Aleks.

Anyhow. I don't think I can. We're a bunch of nutcases, how about that?

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
.......A bundle of nutcases who want their work to be appreciated.

:D
That was nice enough, y/y?

Shine

Teto's Territory
Well, one of the things, onde of the differences that I ended up realising when "trasnfering myself" from the Vocaloid fandom to the UTAU fandom is the following:

- In the Vocaloid fandom, most of the times, the Vocaloids is the one who recieves the credits. It happened more in the first years of this fandom, and its now becoming rare, but even so, I must say that: Lots of people, when I see their comments in the videos, they say: "Wow, Miku! You sing so well!" / "KAITO! I love his voice! He is the best!"/ and so on; like, some people dont give the credits to the original creators. I dont know why...maybe because they still weabos, and they dont know that the Vocaloid is a software, and to make music, it needs people to work with that software? Or maybe they just think their work is insignificant and they dont give the credits they deserved. Anyway, it bothered me in the firts years I came into that fandom, but now it is more rare.
(I think this is because, in the firts years, people reprinted like crazy from NicoNico, without posting, in the description, any credits. So people saw the singer name in the title (Vocaloid), and then they thought things. xD)

- In the UTAU fandom,  exactly the contrary happens. The people give credits immediatly to the creator/user/producer: "Ohwww!! OMG!/nickname/, you are awesome! You always do such amazing covers! ;-;" and just then comes the credit to the voice: "/utauname/'s voice is so pretty! I love how you used her/him!"
I think this happens cause the UTAU fandom wek now is mostly overseas, we speak english, we use YouTube (that is much more global tha NicoNico), then, is natural that we create friendships, cause we all are fans of Vocaloid, fans that ended up creating our own fandom while using UTAU! Since we are all fans, but also user and producers, we are much more "into" the fandom itself, cause this UTAu world, is nothing more than a  BIG BIG BIG fandom.

Andt here are other things, but, blah, thats what I wanted to say. xD

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, personally it's hard to say...

To be brief, I'd say it's a community of people who are interested in domains such as music, informatic, art, etcetc.... Because it's a singing software, like Vocaloid is (of course with differences), most of the time they get avatars and I find it's great in the way everybody can always do something related to their interest(s) by the way of the program ~

I mean there, the music part with elaborating originals, remixes, or even the simple fact to give their voice to an UTAU or making fandubs along with it.... Or the design and art by giving a concept art to this UTAU and creating PVs for their covers/originals/talkloids (with a script -so scenaristic- or just randomness for the pure fun)....
Also, not forgetting about languages along with all the multilingual voicebanks there are out there, etc...

Moreover they can share their creativity with the rest of fans and even collaborating so it strenghtens us =3

People are great generally  but sadly the atmosphere is spoiled at times by some drama queens with a total lack of humility and who should look at them before treating everybody like crap when they are WAY worse (we just had an example), the ones who rant and always look down at other users while they don't do anything to ameliorate it... That is sorrowful because it can lead to some prejudices towards the fandom and some fights that totally split us =C

Well, I don't know what to add more for the moment =S And to be honest, I feel a bit anxious towards this thread... I simply hope nothing wrong's gonna happen with it ><

P-S : And dang, I said that I would be brief but even by cutting  lot of stuffs and trying to condensate everything I feel it may sound boring as heck and off-topic x_x"' Pfff.... Sorry about that ._."';