Other How has singing synthesis effected you?

Discussion in 'Singing Robots General' started by partial, Mar 11, 2017.

1. partial

partial it's nothing Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Effected? Affected? You get what I mean. (I hope.)

Anyway, do you have any sort of personal connection to singthesis, or is it just a hobby?

I have an incredibly personal connection to the music featuring Vocaloid singers. The music I found over the years has saved me from really difficult times, times that I'd planned to have be the end of it.

I really relate to the song, Ghost Rule. I feel almost as though it was written about me, though I know it wasn't.

Is there a particular meaning singthesis has to you? Has Vocaloid or UTAU (or any other singthesizer) helped you get through life?

I'm curious.

Buck and 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) like this.
  3. notsoul_elli

notsoul_elli Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I explained UTAU, and otos to my boyfriend who knows nothing about UTAU. I said that oto's are kindof like "words", and that theres a limit to the number of "words" you can have.

I told him that I'm making a complicated english voicebank (vcv-vc) and that I'm way ver the limit of about 42,000 and he yelled at me.

Buck likes this.
  4. Antonio Zurusaki

Antonio Zurusaki Squeek Apprentice Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I have a sort of personal connection to singthesis that I stopped playing video games

Buck and UTAUlikeVOCALOID like this.
  5. _caustic_

_caustic_ Very Gay in a Straight Way Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Like any hobby or toy people can easily get attached to the software out of pure curiosity.
    Like any work of fiction a person can be drawn into a character, music, or other work.

For me, synthesis is another way for someone to express themselves.... whether it be emotionally or to showcase their skill. It's fun, challenging, and sometimes spontaneous.
    I enjoy the music that many composers create because they often don't feel the same as popular music and have different meanings that make them interesting.

6. fmccaddy12

fmccaddy12 Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Utau has burned my crops, poisoned my water supply, and set a plague onto our houses.

No but serious I feel Vocal Synthesis as a general has opened my eyes not only in a creative way, but in a more technical and social way too.
    Not only that but the community has helped me break out of the shell that was my social anxiety, and that I can never be more grateful for.

7. MillyAqualine

MillyAqualine Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Vocaloid and UTAU kinda make me love electro more (as ironically, I wasn't much of a huge fan, and I put time before finally liking this genre) and also helped me to always seek improvement... Of course some songs kinda helped me to overcome difficulties and still do when I'm feeling down, just like how RL songs heal me in a certain way

The recordings process serve me as training for both pronunciation and singing + voiceacting

8. Buck

Buck TrankuilLion Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    If I hadn't discovered Vocaloid back in 2013 I probably would never have known that you can make music without a studio. I definitely never would have cared to try it myself.

9. UTAUlikeVOCALOID

UTAUlikeVOCALOID Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well, I really just thought of it as a hobby, but now, I'm so addicted to it xD It's like I wanna be part of a large fandom where in everyone appreciates you xD If I didnt find these singthesizers, I could have been bored to death in my house xD Right now, Ideas are just pouring out of me xD

Buck likes this.
  10. Antonio Zurusaki

Antonio Zurusaki Squeek Apprentice Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    SAAAAme

Buck and UTAUlikeVOCALOID like this.
  11. BuniiCake

BuniiCake Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget. Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    it has hurt me more than it helped me cope, unfortunately