how in the WORLD do you mix vocaloid with music?

WretchedKalamity

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
so, I'm using vocaloid now (got kaito, learning to tune, I never just plug and go)

and I uh well... how do i mix? mixing was a lot easier with utau, but now I'm just stumbling around to make it sound even remotely okay!

I use adaucity by the way.

SO yeah, this is me right now, help?

Nanika

Lame Vocaloid Producer
Defender of Defoko
//my tips are to just play around. Use some effects and see if you can find anything you like. EQ is the most effective thing in mixing for me, so maybe try playing around with that. Or, try different DAWs. You can mess around in them, and see what you like. In any words, don't try to freak out over it or get stressed.

McCloud

Loner Stoner
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't have much experience with vocaloid, but I don't think it should be that much different than mixing UTAU vocals? Honestly, Audacity isn't the best DAW for mixing, I suggest something else like Reaper (Which has a free trial btw.). Also, if you don't already know how, try learning how compression and EQ work as they are pretty crucial for mixing.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hey, I'llSeeU-P actually wrote a guide EXACTLY for mixing vocaloid!
http://engloids.info/column/elementary-mixing-tips-vocaloid-vocals/

Since it's synth vocals and I don't usually edit dynamics to the extreme, I might skip over the compression if I don't think it's necessary. However, Sonika is a (insert profanity here) and I have to do everything I can to make her sound decent in the first place. I compress her hella hard and do all the EQing, haha.

AdyS has a few videos of him working on vocal mixing.

Reactions: Tema

WretchedKalamity

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hey, I'llSeeU-P actually wrote a guide EXACTLY for mixing vocaloid!
http://engloids.info/column/elementary-mixing-tips-vocaloid-vocals/

Since it's synth vocals and I don't usually edit dynamics to the extreme, I might skip over the compression if I don't think it's necessary. However, Sonika is a (insert profanity here) and I have to do everything I can to make her sound decent in the first place. I compress her hella hard and do all the EQing, haha.

AdyS has a few videos of him working on vocal mixing.

Ahhh thank you so much QuQ I'll be sure to look at those!