How would I go about adding two extra vowels to a vcv reclist and how much work would it be?

spleenstealer

Teto's Territory
I plan on making a vcv voicebank for my utau, and I'd like to add two vowels to help her sing in English and VC recordings until I can be bothered making a vccv vb.

How exactly would I go about doing this, and how much work would it be?

Sorry if this is a silly question ^^"

Reactions: Zoku

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There's two approaches to this: rewriting the entire reclist (and consequently having to do your own OTO by hand/from scratch), or appending strings.
If you're interested in the former option, I have a guide here.
http://utaforum.net/resources/vcv-reclisting.128/

As for the second, just add a couple more strings to the basic pattern.
Code:
1-1-a-1-i-1-u-1-e-1-o-1-2-n-1
2-2-a-2-i-2-u-2-e-2-o-2-1-n-2
This should cover every combination, which is done by alternating with the vowels already in the list. If 15 syllables is too much, you can of course divide them in half like this.
Code:
1-1-a-1-i-1-u-1
1-e-1-o-1-2-n-1
2-2-a-2-i-2-u-2
2-e-2-o-2-1-n-2

Then, copy and paste after each consonant section and add the consonants in front, like so.
Code:
k1-k1-ka-k1-ki-k1-ku-k1
k1-ke-k1-ko-k1-k2-n-k1
k2-k2-ka-k2-ki-k2-ku-k2
k2-ke-k2-ko-k2-k1-n-k2
etc.
The consonants in Japanese are: k ky g gy s sh z j t ch ts d n ny h hy f b by p py m my y r ry w
If you're adding extra consonants, you'll also have to copy the original vowel patterns of the reclist (a-a-i-a-u-e-a etc.)

As for VC parts, just add a consonant to the end of the string.
Code:
ka-ka-ki-ka-ku-kak
etc.
OTO the last part as a separate line.

Overall, it's more efficient just to add your extra samples via CVVC strings. It requires a lot less pattern making, and you can easily include more consonants and vowels.

Please let me know if you want to know more about writing entire VCV lists from scratch or adding extras as CVVC instead.