Illustration contest for YOHIO's vocaloid

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Anders has announced a contest for the new billingual vocaloid. Uhh, I'll split this into two bits

1. There's a new english/japanese vocaloid coming out from PowerFX voiced by YOHIO, a swedish rock visual kei guy - sings like a man, dresses androgynously.

2. There's a contest being held for it's illustration. You make an illustration for the box based on a photo of YOHIO that they provide. The grand prize is "will receive $300, a Vocaloid 3 Editor and a signed copy of the DVD by YOHIO", whatever that means. The winning entry will be the official image and boxart for the new vocaloid. And, the "Four runners up chosen by PowerFX, will receive a finished copy of the finished DVD."

So that's that

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I've only just three questions :

1) Do you need to sign up on the website ? (I know silly question but I prefer asking rather than making a worse b*****t...)
2) Do they allow every kind of art or is it digital art-based only ? (if it's only digital then **** it I won't be able to try my chance...)
3) Finally, are we free for the poses etc ?

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
MillyAqualine said:
I've only just three questions :

1) Do you need to sign up on the website ? (I know silly question but I prefer asking rather than making a worse b*****t...)
2) Do they allow every kind of art or is it digital art-based only ? (if it's only digital then **** it I won't be able to try my chance...)
3) Finally, are we free for the poses etc ?

1) last I checked, you should send the entries to support@powerfx.com. This might change in the future, and if I see an update on the matter I'll post here again.

I'm less sure about the last two.

2) As long as you can get a decent picture at a decent resolution (300dpi or larger) I imagine it's fine.

3) I haven't seen any word of god on what "based on the photo" means. So, how much of the photo you put in your work will be up to you.

Sorry I couldn't help more, but there isn't a lot of specific information on that sort of thing >< I say, do what works for you.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Oh oki...

Well, at least that leaves me with a chance (because well, I can do digital art but as people feel kinda closed to MS Paint and that I still need to use more DA Muro before being totally habited, without mentioning the time I need to try making it look as smooth as traditional drawing, it's probably not the best choice for me)

Anyway thank you ^^ I will look carefully at the thread and contest evolution then !