im having trouble downloading mmd/mmm

Norf

Momo's Minion
Oh! I know this one.
Okay so I think I'm qualified to aid, being that I've been doing MMD for about a year and a half now.
MMM has significantly better animation tools than MMD, but the layout takes a good while to figure out.
MMD is less advanced, but you can charge right into it and make a basic animation in minutes.

ANYWAYS, how to download???
Visit this website to get the MMD download.
However, on first open, you'll be greeted with an error screen.
Easy fix, download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redist Package and DirectX 9.
HOWEVER, the DL for C++ was taken off of Microsoft, last I checked, so you'll need to use Wayback Machine(However the redirect in the link above seems to work fine)
DirectX 9 is hard to find too, but the link above has a DL mirror. Make sure those are installed, and if things are still acting up, I'm more than happy to help!
Happy animating!

Norf

Momo's Minion
it says dx3 something wasnt found though i downloaded the apps and stuff
Sorry for taking so long to respond
Yeah, that's directx. Make sure you have the earlier version installed and not the most recent, MMD does not work with the newer builds of it. Literally just download and install everything on that page and it'll eventually work.

lunaisvkool

Momo's Minion
Yeah, that's directx. Make sure you have the earlier version installed and not the most recent, MMD does not work with the newer builds of it. Literally just download and install everything on that page and it'll eventually work.
well uh earlier i tried to download it and it wasnt loading so i cancelled with the intention of uh retrying but now it wont work at all...................................

why_is_luna44

Momo's Minion
nvm i got it all better!!!!!! :D (also i moved my account since i had to move computers so yeah sorry!!)