Is there a particular voice type that you are partial to?

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
I personally have a tendency to lean towards power-type voices (though there are still softer vocals that I like, I tend to prefer these) or character voices with more personality.

Are there particular characteristics that you tend to prefer in a voice? Additionally, any that you tend to dislike?

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty biased toward male voices, for one, but to low female voices as well. I like an energetic, "vivid" sound as well as something "youthful", but not childish -- still mature (ie, adult, not a child's voice), just with that certain "spark" that a younger voice has.

Of course, different songs always suit different kinds of voices, but I still have my general bias here.

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
i like strong mature voices both male and female
i like power vbs sometimes but not when theyre whiny or screechy which i think is kinda common in female power vbs

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm partial to less mature, loud voice types most of the time. I sometimes like kawaii voices but they don't fit everywhere. Same with nasal vocals too (like cyber diva). I'm an EDM kinda person so I'm kind of a sucker for less realistic voice types anyway. Other than that, I'm not really all that picky, usually the music dictates what kind of voice sounds good more than the voice does itself.

Reactions: luiysia

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm a fan of clipping messes of screaming.

I really like mature feminine voices and calm, masculine voices.

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I guess it depends on the song?

Like, really, I could go for any voice type. There are just so many that I can't pick just one. It's pretty cool how diverse many of the users here and that aren't on UF sound. I love using all voices mainly because they're different from my own.

Though, a majority of the voices I use are usually teen/mature sounding, either peaceful or powerful, and rarely ever nasally and high pitched.
minusmakunehachi/rubytheyremybaestho

Reactions: sailor _ravioli

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
While it does depend on the song, I find that I am most definitely more partial to lower/more mature voices and definitely have a preference for softer vocal types.

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
I normally am partial to powerful or vivid vocals, although it depends on the song in most cases. I've heard some very fantastic soft/whisper banks as well as some good powerscale banks. I tend to prefer mature energetic female and youthful energetic male vocals that have lots of expression.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Voices that don't sound like they're trying to imitate the Chipmunks or other exaggerated voices that just don't sound like they'd come from an... actual human throat (looking at you... Teto).

Ducks from the pitchforks, torches, and tomatoes.

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
To me, a voice is all right as long as it matches the age, theme, and personality. In terms of preferences, I prefer childlike voices, especially boyish voices. Well, that's probably because I only work with boy UTAU. But by "boyish", I also mean a voice that actually sounds "like a young boy" and not a grown man imitating one (e.g. voices like Yuri Lowenthal, Johnny Yong Bosch, etc.).

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
exaggerated voices that just don't sound like they'd come from an... actual human throat (looking at you... Teto).

Ducks from the pitchforks, torches, and tomatoes.
wondering about a teto hater's opinion - what do you think of this song? I always thought this was a really beautiful and human use of teto, but I love her so I'm biased lol