Is there a way to make soft-sounding voicebanks more powerful?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Moresampler and worldline (openutau's built-in resampler) both support Mt, the tension flag. Positive values make vocals stronger and clearer, while negative values make vocals softer and gentler.

Akiroo

Momo's Minion
Moresampler and worldline (openutau's built-in resampler) both support Mt, the tension flag. Positive values make vocals stronger and clearer, while negative values make vocals softer and gentler.
I use OpenUTAU, but I can't really figure out how to add the Mt flag? Do I add it as another expression? When I do that it doesn't really sound any different when I use it.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you're using the WORLDLINE-R renderer, there's a default "tension (curve)" expression for editing tension.

If you're using the CLASSIC renderer, click the gear icon to ensure that you've set the resampler to worldline or moresampler.
Set up the tension expression like this. Feel free to use whatever name and abbreviation you like. You can also change the default value if you want to start with a certain value for the whole project.
type: numerical; resampler flag: Mt; min: -100; max: 100; default: 0

Akiroo

Momo's Minion
If you're using the WORLDLINE-R renderer, there's a default "tension (curve)" expression for editing tension.

If you're using the CLASSIC renderer, click the gear icon to ensure that you've set the resampler to worldline or moresampler.
Set up the tension expression like this. Feel free to use whatever name and abbreviation you like. You can also change the default value if you want to start with a certain value for the whole project.
View attachment 12194
Thank you so much!

Can speak to the practical use of the Tension expression OpenUtau uses! I tend to prefer using old Utau with Moresampler or the default sampler (like a mad man of some kind,) but I do pop open (heh) OpenUtau on occasion. Momo's Passion bank tends to still sound sort of sort without some work, so I had to use the Tension pretty liberally. I'm sure if it's not just straight up whispering, that will 100% work /light hearted