Is this illegal?

D

dCatharsis

A fellow Chilean UTAU user told me that there's another user that "made a voice for Acme Ikuo" (Acme Iku's genderbend). She recorded her own voice and gave it to the character.
She isn't claiming Ikuo himself as her UTAUloid, though. She just claims that the voice used was hers and that that voice is FOR Ikuo.
So, I would like to ask you if is that legal or illegal? I'm not really sure.
If it is, please tell me so I can talk to her to make her delete the videos and downloads of that VB. Thanks in advance! :smile:

ChaudChocolat

Momo's Minion
I guess it is not really "illegal" but it would bee a fan made. But Ikuo himself is a fanmade. I guess she can not use the design of Ikuo. It is a funny story you have there.
(I think anyway, she's not really allowed to do that sinc Ikuo is not her proprety)

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Uhh...that's a tough call.

I'm gonna say it's not illegal, since she's not claiming the character as her own, but...it still might be violating the usage policy. Why doesn't she just go ahead and make her own character?

D

dCatharsis

ChaudChocolat link said:
I guess it is not really \"illegal\" but it would bee a fan made. But Ikuo himself is a fanmade. I guess she can not use the design of Ikuo. It is a funny story you have there.
(I think anyway, she's not really allowed to do that sinc Ikuo is not her proprety)
Yeah, it's like....a fanmade into a fanmade lmao

SakisCookie link said:
Uhh...that's a tough call.

I'm gonna say it's not illegal, since she's not claiming the character as her own, but...it still might be violating the usage policy. Why doesn't she just go ahead and make her own character?
Yeah, I think so too >.< maybe she isn't too creative, I guess....

Here have a video with that VoiceBank. I'll translate its description:
[UTAU]Lilium[Acme Ikuo]

"Hello OwO....ummm..this is the first video I've uploaded...and the first song I've made with my UTAU .w. .
Yeah, I've created an UTAU of Acme Ikuo with my voice, because his first voice...the one made from Iku's voice was.....weird ._. ... also I couldn't stand the urge of making an UTAU for him (and a manga [for him] soon^^)...etto...that's all owoU"

And another video she has uploaded...I'll translate its description, too:
[UTAU] I=Fantasy [Acme Ikuo]

Hiya nwn! I've brought a new video with my little Ikuo xD. I know u.u...the previous one was better ¬¬.. but D: ...[school] classes leave me with little time for the most important [stuff] (?) xDDD ahaha well that's all~

See? She claims the VB as her property but not the character himself....:S
****ing emoticons

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That is a tough call. I'm gonna agree & say that it's not necessarily illegal, but it's pretty redundant, since Ikuo can already be obtained from setting a g+25 flag to Iku.
There's nothing in Iku's usage policy about this & you can do anything with her except sell her voice itself...

Urgh still, it seems just ethical to tell her that she can't do that & she should just make her own character! If I were you, I'd attempt to convince her to just make her own from this voice, but that's just me. She's really not doing anything wrong though.

D

dCatharsis

stormylullaby link said:
That is a tough call. I'm gonna agree & say that it's not necessarily illegal, but it's pretty redundant, since Ikuo can already be obtained from setting a g+25 flag to Iku.
There's nothing in Iku's usage policy about this & you can do anything with her except sell her voice itself...

Urgh still, it seems just ethical to tell her that she can't do that & she should just make her own character! If I were you, I'd attempt to convince her to just make her own from this voice, but that's just me. She's really not doing anything wrong though.
Yes, I know that. Apparently she made a VB for Ikuo because she didn't liked his original voice (Iku's voice).

I'd love to do that....but that's kinda complicated since I don't even have talked to her...my friend Joji told me about this because she was in a RP and this girl was playing as Ikuo...I think I'll ask her (Joji) if she can suggest that to her, since she has talked more with that girl.