Is UTAU Synth portable on a flashdrive?

Azumi

Momo's Minion
can you put Utau synth on a USB flash drive and put it on another Mac? I tried downloading it on a school computer (yeah I know I should be taking notes and stuff at school but don't worry I do it at lunch) but school computers don't allow me to download any additional applications. so would it work if I put it on a flash drive? would the app appear in the computer and be usable on that computer or would I reinstall? I don't really know how flash drives work since I usually just use stuff like Google docs lol... would it be the same with voice banks too?

P

partial

can you put Utau synth on a USB flash drive and put it on another Mac? I tried downloading it on a school computer (yeah I know I should be taking notes and stuff at school but don't worry I do it at lunch) but school computers don't allow me to download any additional applications. so would it work if I put it on a flash drive? would the app appear in the computer and be usable on that computer or would I reinstall? I don't really know how flash drives work since I usually just use stuff like Google docs lol... would it be the same with voice banks too?
I would think if you installed UTAU to the flashdrive itself, you could just plug that flashdrive into any Mac and it'd work. Usually things like that work for Windows, from my experience, so.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If the computer you're using doesn't allow you to download applications, chances are, it won't allow you to run external applications either. School computers tend to have controls that only allow you to use pre-installed applications. Now, you could hack it, but I wouldn't advise doing so, especially not on a classroom desktop.

Reactions: Nohkara

Ti Pai

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

As far as I know, and I'm not too certain on how UTAU Synth works, it'd be the same as UTAU for Windows. Yes, while it would work, there will probably be a lot of errors due to the installation process not being sought out from that computer. From that, there'd probably also be some issues with language (if UTAU Synth is in Japanese as I've assumed), because of your school computer's locale. When I tried to do this for Windows, these issues were at hand but I could still play and render USTs (I used my UTAU once for a music project), and they sounded just as good.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
As far as I know, and I'm not too certain on how UTAU Synth works, it'd be the same as UTAU for Windows. Yes, while it would work, there will probably be a lot of errors due to the installation process not being sought out from that computer. From that, there'd probably also be some issues with language (if UTAU Synth is in Japanese as I've assumed), because of your school computer's locale. When I tried to do this for Windows, these issues were at hand but I could still play and render USTs (I used my UTAU once for a music project), and they sounded just as good.

For Mac and UTAU-Synth, language settings are of no concern. Really the main issue here is that a school computer would probably have security settings preventing an application from running off USB in the first place. But if it somehow DOES permit you to do so, then it should run fine.