Vocaloid Korean Vocaloid 4: Uni

Discussion in 'Singthesis News' started by MillyAqualine, Nov 17, 2014.

1. bio

bio Ritsu's Renegades Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
  2. MillyAqualine

MillyAqualine Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I like her voice (though it's kinda sad the demo isn't longer but eh, after all this hiatus-like period that's greta to hear any more news from her ! )

Slightly different from what I imagined (I imagined ehr voice slightly more mature and warmer, but she's definitively close to what I4ve pictured in my mind)

Also lol, I can't wait to ehar someone mashing up "UNI" with "Lala song" from Stardust xD

Pupuomena likes this.
  3. Uchuu

Uchuu CeVIO Enthusiast Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    My daughter....I love her so much honestly I hope her box is lit

4. bio

Trophy Points
    Did I mention UNI English in 2017? *again I thank devoiantART for telling me this*

Skiyoshi 十三 likes this.
  5. Uchuu

Trophy Points
    UNI will be getting a Korean library with more than 2 DBs in September, then English in 2017 which is in development. I can't wait!

Zoku likes this.
  6. MillyAqualine

Trophy Points

Uni got a new demo released !!

I don't know if it's really that clsoe or nah to what I imagined her voice to be, but I can be sure to like it even if it does give me those vibes I was feeling in Yukari and Mizki's voices like, the round yet sweet or soft tone at once (and I also find her notes way much clearer in her medium and high ranges thoug she's not the first one to have this)

I kinda like this sweet tone that fits her design and again, I can't wait for SeeUNI duets in the near future !

Pupuomena and Mougeki Mero like this.
  7. 수연 <Suyeon>

수연 <Suyeon> Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    My little strawberry shortcake T_T

*reads the desc.* Okay, so apparently, she'll be released in January with just her Original Korean voice (the one in Dr. Yun's video). Append (Soft and Power) will - supposedly - be released in summer 2017. English's development will happen once Append is released. I will assume that English will come around... 2018 Q1 or Q2. Even with the extended wait just for the Korean, I'm glad that they're taking their time to release the best voice they can. For a raw voice, she sounds pretty good and should be more suitable to new users.

People on VO are concerned about her not being packaged (that people will sit out for Original until Append is available), but... I think it's actually smart that they don't bundle everything in one package. It means they can 1. gauge interest (why continue to make appends and another language [that will also come with appends] if the original doesn't break even/make profit?), 2. narrow their focus to make the individual voices - have them go well, and 3. sell at a reasonable price. SeeU is bundled and she was expensive when she was new (you pay for the Korean and Japanese voice together, no choice - even if you'll use one and not the other). That's likely one of the reasons she didn't sell as well as SBS Artech hoped. Other bundles such as Crypton's aren't cheap either. History has shown that people don't have an issue buying just the default and getting the appends later. That's what UNI will need most: sales. Who's to say there will be more Korean voices (particularly males) if the first two girls can't do well? It's best to entice people with a... $170-$220 (factoring in voice and engine for first time purchase of a vocaloid product) buy than a $300-400 buy just for one voice.

Pupuomena and nanaro like this.
  8. Uchuu

Trophy Points
    I love my precious Strawberry Daughter.......
    I'm hoping that they pull an AH-Soft and do individual packages alongside a bundle, then one with ENG later - That'd be the best way to sell her I feel. Downloads would be great, too.

Good to see she's getting the appends after all though, I'll try my best to get her (even though I've said that for so many vocas before...)

Pupuomena likes this.
  9. MillyAqualine

Trophy Points
    New Demo !

Mougeki Mero and Pupuomena like this.
  10. Pupuomena

Pupuomena Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I hope that this strawberry gets released soon! I love her(???) ㅎㅂㅎ

11. MillyAqualine

Trophy Points
    Apparently she's waiting approval from YAMAHA and will likely release in February instead of end of January, if not delayed one more time

Pupuomena likes this.
  12. Pupuomena

Pupuomena Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I've waited her so long! She's delayed multiple times but I'm happy that she seems to actually coming soon! (I know many Vocaloid development cases that failed/cancelled)

I really REALLY hope that she sells well cuz otherwise Uni's developers won't have money to create her an Korean Append and/or English. Hnngghh, I really wanna Korean Vocaloid to have an Eng VB, Korean accent is cute. >///<

Mougeki Mero and MillyAqualine like this.
  13. Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I like the sounding of her VB!!! I think if I could buy her I'd maybe edit her voice to be somewhat more mature tho. I just would...prefer this way XD

Pupuomena and sailor _ravioli like this.
  14. sailor _ravioli

sailor _ravioli Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    is it just me or does she sound like a younger korean IA? (may just be the fact that my laptop speakers are crap lolol) I do like her voice tho but id like to see what she sounds like edited to be more mature too

15. MillyAqualine

Trophy Points
    Yeah same, I'd be curious about let's say a GEN 15 or something like this applied on her

Pupuomena and Mougeki Mero like this.
  16. HiddenVenia

HiddenVenia Avatar by IrisFlower Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Forgive me for being lazy and not just googling this, but have they said if she's just going to be Korean only, or is she going to be like SeeU and get both Korean and Japanese?

17. bio

Trophy Points
    HiddenVenia likes this.
  18. MillyAqualine

Trophy Points
    Guys, a date was leaked (to be confirmed though) : UNI will be released on 14th of February !

Fellow Valentine's Day vocaloid ~ (Maybe they picked the date so it'd accentuate evenmuch more her cuteness along with her looks and with her voice ? Or simply just a coincidence.... aaah ^^ "' )

LilyoftheValley and Pupuomena like this.
  19. IrisFlower

IrisFlower Precious Flower with Thorns Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points

New UNI demo~ And I personally love this one a lot.

Pupuomena, Tema and LilyoftheValley like this.
  20. MillyAqualine

Trophy Points
    UNI sounds definitively nice ! ~ And only one week to wait...

It was interesting to see her with a bit of GEN

Pupuomena likes this.